Author Topic: An object crashes FH, but I don't know what object.  (Read 1336 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
An object crashes FH, but I don't know what object.
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:31:09 am »
After the map's crash, the first shortcut of FeralHeart(The one I create on) started to refuse to start, and I need to re-export the map that was crashing to fix it. I can carry out the map's re-exporting on the second shortcut of FeralHeart, that's fine, but I need the first shortcut of FeralHeart to work so that I can work on presets without tossing preset files all around to swap the preset I'm working on.

I have removed all of that map's exports files from it.

There are no duplicate particles.

There is no badfile.reminder.

EDIT: It is a file in "My_Objects", but I don't know which one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:55:27 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Calvary

Re: FH crashing on startup.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:19:27 am »
Hello! Do you by chance have the particles in your exports folder?
Try and check if there's any particles or anything that should not be in the exports folder. If it still doesn't work, others may also have a solution. <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 02:33:08 am »
I don't have any particles in the Exports folder, I emptied it and it still crashes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:35:27 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Calvary

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:25:40 pm »
That's truly odd, is there a possible way for you to delete and re-create the first shortcut? Perhaps delete it and make a new short-cut?

In the case that doesn't work, have you checked the other folders to assure everything is in the right place? Or have you emptied those as well?

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 02:29:43 am »
Creating a new shortcut doesn't work, the application itself crashes on startup. I've checked all folders, I don't have any duplicate other files. I've not emptied any folders.

I had created something recently before the crash, a basic plane with a texture on it, I created the texture it uses, I put the textured plane into an existing object group. I have gotten rid of some object groups, but that didn't stop the crashing either.

My presets.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 02:49:52 am »
I'm not entirely sure what could be crashing it.. I'd go over what was recently done and go through recent files placed and remove and replace and all that to see what could be causing it, which would be a process.

I'd personally suggest, re-downloading another FH if you cannot find your issue, and move things over, move the map files over, presets, anything you don't wanna lose and such, do it piece by piece and test the game as you do so to see if one of the things you place in causes it to crash. Best way to find the issue at hand. Kinda complicated I know, but it's always good to give it a shot if you can't figure it out. Just have to remember to restart after moving each "section" of things over. (: Could be an object, or anything.

Just my personal way of fixing issues when i have issues like this! Guud way to find the problem and prevent it happening again. Wish ya luck, let me know if you decide to give it a go and if it helps at all!
artwork by dehvina

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: An Object crashes FH, but I don't know what object.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 02:24:56 pm »
I have now done the process of transferring things from the old install to a new install, and found out that it's something in "My_Objects" causing the crashes.

Do I have too many objects installed? And what makes an object start crashing the game? That might help me narrow down the possible objects that are causing this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:45:18 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: An object crashes FH, but I don't know what object.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 02:55:15 pm »
The particles can be found in the media folder. Not exports.
I suggest looking at that first of all.
I have never heard of an object itself crashing the game.
RETIRED.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 08:13:24 pm »
Sometimes objects also duplicate themselves, I'd go into your objects folder and type in the search bar _0 or _1 or both to make sure, and make sure there aren't duplicates of anything, if so then delete them, same as you would with particles.

ALSO, is the game giving you an error, or simply crashing?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:15:36 pm by Bloo. »

You are amazing <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 05:03:16 am »
Sometimes objects also duplicate themselves, I'd go into your objects folder and type in the search bar _0 or _1 or both to make sure, and make sure there aren't duplicates of anything, if so then delete them, same as you would with particles.

ALSO, is the game giving you an error, or simply crashing?
The game crashes without an error.

I searched through My_Objects, and found duplicate particles in My_Objects, FH doesn't crash anymore now that I've deleted the duplicate particles.  ;D

Thank you! ^-^ This topic may now be locked.

My presets.