Author Topic: Because I kept it inside for so long  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Because I kept it inside for so long
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:03:56 pm »
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:42:04 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Leo Pardus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Kudos to KovuLKD and all who helped work on FH!
    • View Profile
Re: Because I kept it inside for so long
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:04:52 pm »
I agree with everything. You forgot eye movement though. In IT, when you clicked on a character, your avatar's eyes and head moved as the character you had locked onto moved around. I miss that feature. Without it, the characters' eyes seem to be crossed, and they all have such horrible, vacant stares.
I'm not a n00b so don't talk to me like one kthxbai.
My character creations: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1079.msg12274#msg12274

Offline barrettm82

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I've lost my marbles, Have you seen them?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »
I think that all of this would be good. FeralHeart is growing and needs more.  I wholeheartedly agree that more map are needed.  With every update we've had I hoped for at least one or adding to Florite (would have joy-spazzed with four).  New actions yes, they are fun and just add to the feel of things, I loved it when Roar\howl came out. 

thank for bringing this out.
When the path ends, keep going forward and make a new trail.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:48:59 pm »
You took all the words out of my mouth, and I don't believe I have anything more to add to this. So many things could be done to make FH into a really great game, and if Kov isn't willing to put these things in himself, he could at least let others do it for him.

JazzForLife

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:25 am »
The World chat is an amazing idea. Advertizing as well. But, I think maybe it should be checked at first, incase people don't know how to turn it on. Those that want it off, poof, click it off. And I would take away that question mark after Mods being able to whisper, dood. I. Want. Actions. As I'm sure the whole of FH does now. Granted we got stretch which is nice, but c'mon. I loved the IT actions. Why can't we have those in this game? It'd make just sitting there a bit more entertaining. I deffinately agree Flourite is too big. It's difficult trying to get somewhere. I don't mind it too much, but eh. Good job on everything. I agree we need to improve.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:33:11 am »
I agree on everything with you Red.. but you know also.. i already lost all my hopes in FH...

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:55 am »
I honestly agree with everything you said. However, I think there should be an order to certain things that or added or fixed.

More public maps would be the first thing I'd suggest. There should be different types of maps, with different terrains, and different foliage to actually match the climate. Also, more dens. I understand that not everyone understands topography - but some effort in the topographic department would be wonderful. I don't mind fantasy maps, but I'd also enjoy some realistic features. Not just random mountains and unnatural formations.

More maps would slightly solve the chat problem, at least at small bit enough to work on adding in this wonderful "World Chat" idea of yours. <3
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:33:23 am »
Well I figure I might as well post this here.

The idea of moderators being able to freeze the chat.

We've all experienced the wall of "mod spam" that is the result of a mod speaking in the chat in order to correct a situation. Correct? And it's annoying to those of us who don't do it (and even to some of those who do). So what can be done to reduce it, or even eliminate it entirely?

FREEZING THE CHAT.
Let's say one of the chats is getting out of hand. We'll use MOD5054 as an example. Normally, the situation would go something like this:

MOD5054: Take it easy, guys. We don't need random spamming and rows of smileys.
User1: MOD!!!
User2: MODDY MARRY ME
User3: MOD I HAV A QUESTIN
User4: Shut up, you n00blets.
User5: MOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!
User6: Thanks, mod.
User7: MOD HAVE MY BABIES

--
...No. Just no. Now let's take a look at how it would go with a freeze chat option.

User1: LOL JUSTIN BIEBER IS GAY
User2: I KNO RITE?!?!?@!?!
User3: LETS KILL HIM :DDDDDDDDDDD
User4: O_____________O YAHHHH LETS KILL HIM

Chat locked by administrator.
(All chats are locked, or "frozen" with the exception of whisper chat, in order for a mod to speak without being drowned by the mod spam.)

MOD5054: Take it easy, guys. We don't need random spamming and rows of smileys.
(A few seconds pass, enough for everyone to read what the mod has to say. Mod disables lock.)

Chat unlocked.

User1: Wolf RP at N/Z, whisper User1 to join.
User2: I wanna join!
User3: Does anyone know how to download maps?
User4: Go to the forum in the Member Made Tutorials board, User3.

--
With this system, a mod would be able to speak to correct users without having their words drowned out by a flood of "MODDDD!!!". Better for everyone? Yes.

--
Also, I think mods should have more tools to keep the community in line, such as a working report button (my idea for this has been posted in Jayfeather55's thread that I'm sure most of us have seen), and the ability to silence a user for a set amount of time.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:46 am »
I just want to let you all know I'm pleased to see you all being ok with the post and where I'm trying to get here and trying to say.

Sure these things like advertising on and off, things like in which order these should be done. It doesn't have to be a certain way and anyone can add what they thinks is right about it, it's an opinion board after all. But the big changes such as how the chats works, giving out rules for us to know, the maps and content. Is nice if we could get one solid view together.

Even ideas that aren't even approved can be improved.

And I agree with you wolfie. The freeze thing does sound like an awesome idea. Tools is needed. But I'm very sure about one thing.

If we got a new chat or more maps, this function or need of it wouldn't be as needed as it probably is now. Instead of fighting against a building stream, we should give it a drain or trench to pass through.

We should be able to please everyone.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »
dayum red, you are one pent up player x3
I understand everything and I'm sorry I cant be more of a help, but I ado agree with you