Author Topic: Because I kept it inside for so long  (Read 14013 times)

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Because I kept it inside for so long
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »
I totally agree with you Red. Your post sums up exactly what should be done to help FH~ -highfive-

LarkPash

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:03 pm »
Where is the "like" button?  ;D

I agree with everything. I especially miss the actions like nuzzling.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:54 am »
Thanks guys, I'm happy to see we look in the same direction.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 06:16:02 pm »
i hope kovu add wings and other things next year! i never played IT but i seen It on wiki and other websites. plus i hope kovu add actions. ;D
Signature by Green

Creamy

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 08:48:11 pm »
...  you just punched me in the stomach and made me barf up what you just said. 8D
I actually spent more than an hour reading those 500+ characters, and I completely agree with it.

Offline solitaryshade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Beware of the sky serpent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 03:42:20 am »
Like many others have said, I agree with everything except resizing Fluorite and the Rules page after Installing (I'll get to the latter later.) Fluorite just needs more accessible portals and such like the Default (which in my opinion, is much more boring and by fact, had much less objects, landmarks, and was ten times smaller than Fluorite, but the former is my opinion) from Impressive Title.

And don't forget about music! Oh god, I always have to mute the game and tab out just to play songs on my own song list to listen to something better than that repetitive music we have DX

Secondly, this had been on my mind forever. Should a LOADING animation be added as well? Seriously, I'm tired at just looking at the same old 5 pictures of lions over and over again. Instead, we could put in an animation of your character going through a wormhole with the text: "Loading..." at the bottom. And finally, when done loading, the char will go through a bright light of him/her appearing in the player's destination. Then again, this may cause further lag of playing the animation itself, but this is just an idea that I would like to add to Red's list.

And just to make a third point, could we also add a literal ingame manual? So that way newbies could just click on the icon and type in whatever on the search bar like "Temple Location" or something like that and the answer would come up. I'm sure A LOT of fellow gamers are fed up with those that just simply do NOT like to go on the forums for help.

And lastly, alongside the ingame manual could be a set of rules. Sorry Red, but I'm afraid everyone are just going to not bother reading the rules and just hit "skip". Because many, after a long [insert time period here] of downloading and would be just too excited to play the game and think "Oh I'll just read it later" and forget about them. Instead of arguing with a mod and others about rules, the mod could just simply tell them:

"Hit the Manual Button and type in Rules. It's the second-to-last button. Not hard to miss."

Or if they need help:

"Hit the Manual Button and type in [insert words here]. If you need further help, go onto the forums."

Again, this a just a bunch of things I would like to add to Red's list. Thank you for taking your time to read this long post. :3
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:37:09 pm by shade »

Offline zeitgeist

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I bid you salutations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:19 am »
My gawd, You are simply brilliant I agree with EVERYTHING you have to say. :3 Oh but I may say one more thing Maybe FeralHeart would get more differant Laying and sitting options and maybe a way to fix the  Face glitch lol. =) OHOHOH! One more thing I hope you gain less stress and well thats it, Happy RPing to yew! ^3^

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 03:27:23 am »
Like many others have said, I agree with everything except resizing Fluorite and the Rules page after Installing (I'll get to the latter later.) Fluorite just needs more accessible portals and such like the Default (which in my opinion, is much more boring and by fact, had much less objects, landmarks, and was ten times smaller than Fluorite, but the former is my opinion) from Impressive Title.

And lastly, alongside the ingame manual could be a set of rules. Sorry Red, but I'm afraid everyone are just going to not bother reading the rules and just hit "skip". Because many, after a long [insert time period here] of downloading and would be just too excited to play the game and think "Oh I'll just read it later" and forget about them. Instead of arguing with a mod and others about rules, the mod could just simply tell them:

I really think you are missing the point here. The text is not so we will know everyone will read it, it's so it would be more accessible for the users playing the game, if not an in-game rule button, a text doc that opens or is even placed within the installed game folder.

This is simply 1 file that should be in the game with the official rules, it's nothing that would hurt anyone and it would just be a few "kb" of size, saying no to that idea is like saying no to a plaster. If people skip em, they can't at least say "I didn't see any rules". From personal experience with this there's quite a lot users that stirs up issues for those actually there to make it a better place. Those people that don't bother, don't really bother when a mod does show, and if they do, it's sometimes just temporary until they leave.

Added ways for people to see rules more easily~
+
The downside = ?

Also the issue about flourite. It should get smaller or go away completely, if people got a few replacement maps with some time put into them people wouldn't need it. This is from a server standpoint aswell, due to the position of the map, and the game itself it causes heavy load on the server, if the server slows down, flourite plains is most of the cases the issue. People complain about bad monitoring, how the map is empty, the server lagging etc. And flourite doesn't make this any better. Ofcourse the mods can't go everywhere but right now it serves as an rusty chain.

And don't forget about music! Oh god, I always have to mute the game and tab out just to play songs on my own song list to listen to something better than that repetitive music we have DX
There could be more music in the game, I agree on that, but it would be needed to actually find songs free for use and that suits for the game as well.

Secondly, this had been on my mind forever. Should a LOADING animation be added as well? Seriously, I'm tired at just looking at the same old 5 pictures of lions over and over again. Instead, we could put in an animation of your character going through a wormhole with the text: "Loading..." at the bottom. And finally, when done loading, the char will go through a bright light of him/her appearing in the player's destination. Then again, this may cause further lag of playing the animation itself, but this is just an idea that I would like to add to Red's list.
This would be a nice touch that I have nothing against at all,  but I'm not sure how it would make the game/server and/or community work better with it.

And just to make a third point, could we also add a literal ingame manual? So that way newbies could just click on the icon and type in whatever on the search bar like "Temple Location" or something like that and the answer would come up. I'm sure A LOT of fellow gamers are fed up with those that just simply do NOT like to go on the forums for help.
I see what you mean, but I'm do not sure if the reason of people not "liking" a forum is a reason for them to deny help offered here. If you really want help, you try to get it. Having a search function or wiki for FH wouldn't hurt, but to make it is another story in my eyes.

I thank you for your input, but I really don't understand the "no to rule text". Anything that could help the staff and the mods with keeping the game in shape doesn't hurt, especially if there's no big work to get it. If flourite gets objects added and fresher look, it would still give some issues that are here today, issues that could be lowered.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »
There could be more music in the game, I agree on that, but it would be needed to actually find songs free for use and that suits for the game as well.

FH could actually make it's own music with programs like MixCraft 5 (problem is the free trial lasts like...14 days, but there's probably an open source program that's similar out there somewhere).

Basically it's just a music program that takes different rhythms set to loop and you can stretch the time to make your own song. My band class made ring tones one year that way. xD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 07:02:17 pm »
I understand what you mean, but the songs must have some sort of appeal to them, anyone can make music if they want to, but getting it right is way harder.

If someone that's really good at making music can create some really nice tunes it would just be to throw em into the list since FH would need them.

I've got my own little studio here in my den with various softwares to make actual music, but I'd never be able to match anything that FH uses at the current time. Maybe you could show some work and people might like it, that would be a good first step.

There would be no use of putting music into the game that the majority would just turn off after a few plays if not directly.