Author Topic: Idea for Presets & servers  (Read 4329 times)

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Presets & servers
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 11:35:52 pm »
   Thank you everyone for responding, I very much appreciate your answers and comments. This does help clear up some things.

@Raz: Thank you for your post, I do see what you mean there. And it is especially hard to figure things out when you dont have the data you need.

@Tigg: Thank you for your input as well, I really appreciate it. Although I am sorry I annoyed you with this post, I was simply trying to put forth an idea.

Its times like these that I wish I was a programmer so I could actually suggest something helpful, but thanks again everyone :)

Oh yeah I wanted to comment about the minecraft thing I mentioned earlier. How we could replace the preset we had with a different one. No one really commented on that idea. I think that, that could be a better system than just paying for each preset we want to upload. Of course I think that the price would have to be scaled as well. There could be two systems perhaps? Maybe a lower price for people who want to upload only one preset, and a higher price for people with the opportunity to change presets.
    For example) Someone would pay $20 for the whole year to be able to change their presets
                    or) someone would just pay $2 for each preset each year
   This way people with only 1 char would be happy and people with multiple could be happy too. Obviously I just made up that price. But now im starting to sound like a capitalist. :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:01:01 am by Ghosting »

slycan

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 08:20:30 am »
Does FH actually have 5k of members actively playing?? The most I see online on average anymore is around one zero less, 500 at most...

I'm still confussed that the whole "Kov doesn't want people paying for anything in this game" yet this preset pay thing is still floating in the air in question?

I'd just change 10 bucks a month - let them cry alittle bit , and be done with it.. or just pull the plug like Kov wants..apparently. Expensive ? Well at this rate it would be a godly privilege just to not take 5 mins to uploaded to media fire and ~hope~ people download it. - lets face it, games are not cheap and not everyones going to be happy either way with the "preset shit" either canceled al together or costing money.. then again it has been a few months already in decision..
anyway...

Member Servers~
Ah yes, Minecraft <3 , one of few games that let you use your own servers. Security issue ? nah - thats what the front server from the creator is there for; to hold usernames and passwords, presets, auto updates and to keep the website up. what a weight lifted off Notch's shoulders that he doesn't have to do that AND keep 99999999 members into one single world.. just have them do it their selves.
~ gives the option to let players use their own servers on laggy days when/if the main one is feeling sluggish.
~ replacement for dimensions
~ No more need for In-game mods, people can have rules to their own servers, with there own set of controls such as "Welcome Text" - or password protection - User Limit - Ect. If people don't like that server they can just go to another one :3 , block button nulled.

I like dreaming...

How to Setup a MineCraft 1.2.4 Server - MineCraft Updates
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:41:04 pm by Slycan »

Wudiin

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »
^ lurve this idea

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 08:33:19 pm »
Sly idea actually sounds like it would work out just fine. o: It'll take a little work and time but that would take some heat off the front server. If players make their own servers (private or public) Raz doesnt have to worry about everyone on his butt for the server crashing. Everyone would be handling and maintaining their own server.

Sounds pretty solid to me. Unless theres some little detail I've missed and/or wouldnt know because Im not savvy in this kind of thing. 

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 02:55:11 am »
That sounds like a great idea Sly. I totally support that. I think that provide a lot of opportunities for creativity too. Can you say server-wide mods? Heck yeahhh

Offline redeye

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 11:37:04 am »

slycan

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »
thank you Redeye , that clears it up(:

Offline xXEmoPuppyXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 02:03:12 am »
What if your not good at drawling and your wanting to make a preset?