Author Topic: Why I like the game the way I do.  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Why I like the game the way I do.
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:47:33 am »
I just got the feeling that I wanted to write out something cute here in this board, to get a few things out, possibly get a few that reads them.

There's no doubt that we like FH as the game it is for one reason or another, why we keep going back to it and play it possibly even why we criticize the way we can at times and maybe even persuade for something better.

Something that has always been noticed is users pointing out how there's nothing to do, or that they are bored.

How familiar doesn't this sound to some of us

"I'm going to go and play /insert game/activity here/ because I'm bored"

At times it sounds like these users are forced to play for some reason? I mean, we can all have a more or less of a bad day, we might have more or less fun things we "can" do, but in the end we all choose to be there. I do understand that you might want more activities within the game or improvements in general, but repeating how boring something is and yet still keep playing can bug me.

All I really want, is to explain that I choose to log on FH close to every day for a reason. It's not because there's tons of quests I need to do there, it's not because I need to level my character and grow strong, it's not because I want to keep my attention on something that keeps me busy.

It's because it's a game like no other and the game itself never forces me to do anything it it. In theory I can sit around and talk to whoever that might passes for hours without it giving me negative stats or reminders that my health is going low. The game itself is like a break from everything else that I might do, even though there might be new things to deal with within the community due to the position I've ended up in.

I already have games that requires me to think swiftly and use my reflexes to get good scores, and I've got games that I need to level my character use magic powers and what not. But for a completely free game that lets me be a feline/canine character of choice and doesn't place me in a "Do this, do that" position, I have FeralHeart.

I do not deny, that some activities could be set up to keep things more engaging and entertaining for the players in general, but it wouldn't be the reason why I personally would want to play the game. It's just that feeling you get in the back of your head from this place, how the game works right now. I do not say FeralHeart today is a perfect vision to me of how it could be, but it's enough for me to come back for more.

Then there's always additions to the game that makes me like it more, like I actually can make a difference to lots of other users out there and feel useful, how you can be creative with maps and presets, or how that pleases that little "kitteh" in the back of your head, and so far I haven't grown tired of it.

Cheesy? Maybe.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: Why I like the game the way I do.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:54 pm »

Totally agree Red. Thank you for posting this :3