Poll

Do you think this is a good idea?

yes, this is a great idea.
no, i don't like this idea.

Author Topic: translaters  (Read 1151 times)

Offline brodylove

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
translaters
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:15:19 pm »
There has been alot of stuff about people saying that only English should be aloud in-game well maybe traslaters could help. Mods could pick trustful people who could translate for 3 or 4 people (depending on how much that person could handle) that speak a different language. Every time the translater and the person they are translating for are both on the translater would follow the person around. When the person who speaks a different language needs to say something they would maybe whisper it to their translater and then the translater would then say it in English in the local chat. And maybe the translater could make a special charecter named    ______'s translater.  

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: translaters
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »
I don't see where you think all these translators are going to come from. Like mods, translators don't just sit in our closet waiting to be used. What if more than one person assigned to that translator is online? I just don't see at all how this is any way practical.

Perhaps a translation program? But who would write it? I doubt Kovu knows all the languages, and so that means he'd have to hire people to help. Which costs money. And where will FH get this money when it is a free game?

Offline brodylove

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
Re: translaters
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
It would kind of be like how mods are picked. And yeah I do get what your saying.