Author Topic: Mate Center  (Read 23298 times)

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Center
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
I fail to see the point of a Mate Center. Assuming someone does create one, there's no guarantee anyone would go to them and listen to them. And as Kyu said, there is a mate section for people to find mates.

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 05:28:20 pm »
This has already been happening on the game, specifically in Bonfire Island as I'm sure people are aware of. I really don't have an issue with people asking for mates. It's not 'mate begging' if it's a simple advertisement in General, because that's all it is. An advertisement. If it weren't, that'd be saying that asking for a pack would be 'pack begging' and so on. I regularly see 'mate advertisements' flamed by other people by shouting 'MATE BEGGER OOOOO< SHOOT IT', and 'plz dn't m8 beg tx' Really? Grow up.
On the other hand, persistently asking someone to be their mate is considered harrassment and is against the rules, which can easily be dealt with.

Back to the 'idea', I think it's perfectly adaquete so long as people don't take it seriously. Although some do, and this is usually the younger minority of FeralHeart's members. Everyone else has mates? That must mean I have to have one, too! It's up to YOU, the FeralHeart community to guide these members and show them the ropes, don't just point the finger and go haywire as the majority tend to do. And it's all fine and dandy that there's a mate section on the forums, but a large percentage of members probably fail to acknowledge that. There've been 'adoption' centers before, and they've worked fine. The same can apply with 'mate centers' when it comes to looking for someone to roleplay with as a 'mate' so long as people act maturely about it. I don't really see an issue otherwise, it's all good so long as things stay within the rules.

Edit: And if it happens to cause trollers to 'rape'... Then well, isn't that a good thing? These people must be sussed out and kicked off the site and game for good. Everyone who has read Raz's thread should already know about that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:11:35 pm by EvilSock »

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • .:Let's be heros in our own destiny:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 06:15:34 pm »
Oh I really hate see lions mating O.O.I was on an rp while I was drowning I get st the shore,walk a little and BAM...mating season for lions Biah

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: -60
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »
Ewwwww Nasty Someone should banned the mate center For good!

Offline sarabi26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • i hope you're having a great day!
    • malevolenthyena
    • hallucinatingmutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:28 pm »
Look.. I know that you can advertise in general in-game and post on the mate search page but none ever works.. But just forget the dumb idea anyway -subtle frown-
hi, i'm frankie!

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:12 pm »
Ok ask someone to lock it

Offline bluesnow26

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I don't settle for second. Finish the puzzle.
    • TheShadowCherry
    • bluesnow261
    • @bluesnow2610
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART~
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:48:14 am »
ppl hate mate begger. so they say. bu they do it themselves. i know this has nothin to do with the post but giving mah opinion.

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:47 am »
I hate ate beggers too it kinda annoying

KLegend

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »
Look.. I know that you can advertise in general in-game and post on the mate search page but none ever works.. But just forget the dumb idea anyway -subtle frown-

I'm pretty sure both work. I wouldn't know, though, as I don't go around asking people if they've ever managed to get a mate through General. The mate search section has a fair amount of replies, so I'm muchly doubting if it "doesn't work".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:08:28 pm by KLegend »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:36 am »

I'm pretty sure both work. I wouldn't know, though, as I don't go around asking people if they've ever managed to get a mate through General. The mate search section has a fair amount of replies, so I'm muchly doubting if it "doesn't work".

Both work fine. General works less than the mate search section though, a lot of people tend to not find their mates again after they get them if they advertise in general, but one of my characters was able to get a mate through the mate search section.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho