Author Topic: Mate Center  (Read 23300 times)

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Center
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »
ive seen a mate center in the game

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »
The insta-hatred everyone collectively holds against these so-called mate beggars sometimes makes me worry about the community a little, y'all...
Now,
don't get me wrong.
As a seasoned roleplayer, I understand that going into a real RP, and writing out the story between your character and their prospective mate is the absolute best (and cutest) way to develop this storyline between characters. Your mate will be more likely to stick around, your characters will be able to reminisce together, to understand one another in action and dialog throughout the story, and it's much deeper than the 'insta-mating' we see so often.
So, I'm not saying I'm for the Mate Centers and insta-mating at all.

However, at the risk of being the devil's advocate, I think it'd be nice to shed a little light on why (I think) these individuals who get the 'mate beggar' label do what they do.
***Keep in mind here that I'm not talking about the randoms who are looking for some creepy roleplaying that ought not be seen in the light of day, if you know what I mean. I'm not talking about those screaming "I NEED A MATE" spammers, the caps locking Mate Centers of a similar chatbox spamming style, nor the stalking types who think that having charries that are mates think that the accounts are officially and exclusively 'mated', and I ain't even going into the buttswing corner. Grodygross.***

Anyway... So why would somebody even want a mate from the Mate Center?
Well, imagine you're new to FH, and roleplaying altogether. You don't know anybody in the community, and you just kinda wish you had somebody to pal around with, when you're unsure of how to approach one of those huge packs or prides. Then, I guess in that case it would just be sort of nice to go, choose and be chosen by somebody at a Mate Center.
Sure, then I guess it'd be nice to just be placed with a new friend, to have somebody to snuggle and derp around with. Assuming they don't disappear off the face of the planet after the first day, it'd be somebody you can see online and go join them, or at least say hi, because you know they'd be there to greet you warmly and be your buddy to hang out with. Even if the characters that were mates don't stick together, you've still made a new buddy.

Or, at least that's how most would hope it would go. My point here is that these guys are just trying to find someone to RP with like the rest of us, even if they're going about it in a different way.

So, don't go around hating on everybody who sits in a Mate Center circle. >.> That's not what this community is about.
And, nor is it some kind of dating site, as mentioned above. So no, making someone sit there on a Mate Center character all day, every day, is a no-go, especially if there's a Mate Search on the forums. Plus, there's almost always a Mate Center out there in Bonfire, so all you've gotta do is look around.

Lulz. There's my rant. Overview:
- Finding a roleplay to join and writing out the storyline is the best way to choose a mate for your characters. They'll stick around, more than likely, even if it does take a little while to get the initial storyline rolling.
- If you want to do the insta-mate thing, anyway, just go look around for a Mate Center. Somebody's always out there.
- And either way, don't sit there and hate on somebody for the way in which they choose to make their storylines. So long as they're not breaking any rules or being meaniefloofs, then let 'em be.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:56 pm »
I saw  A Mate center yesterday. but it creates lag for people and they crash

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2013, 11:57:58 pm »
No. It may seem like a good idea at first but this is actually encouraging the 'I need a mate' mindset. It really is annoying.

Offline mitchellcrazyeye

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 04:31:18 pm »
Feral Heart is'nt a dating site, I disagree with this idea. And although it may stop "Mate begging", It will cause MANY other problems, Rape, as Stephen said, and lots of other ones.
you say that, but it isn't like they are going to MEET UP IN REAL LIFE. FH is a roleplaying game. -_-

Offline Rinmei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • sehunnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »
Feral Heart is'nt a dating site, I disagree with this idea. And although it may stop "Mate begging", It will cause MANY other problems, Rape, as Stephen said, and lots of other ones.
you say that, but it isn't like they are going to MEET UP IN REAL LIFE. FH is a roleplaying game. -_-

Please don't necro old threads. The last post is from 2013.

? ? ?