Poll

Dimensions?

Yes!
86 (84.3%)
No!
16 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.  (Read 20616 times)

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:06 am »
Hey everyone, I made a topic like this before, but now Im really edged off. Dimensions.. Why do we need them you ask? Oh i dont know, some of us have horribly old computers, and cannot afford to buy a new one JUST to play a game we love? I say, When you go into bonfire, its FILLED with people, which means mega lag, often disconnections, even computer crashes! What in I.T. made it good for everyone? Dimensions! in order to escape most of the lag and such, we used them for private roleplays, just to chill with friends, ect... But we don't have that in FH. 5 maps. Over 8000 people playing this. How does that work people? HOW? I, personally, would appreciate if we had dims back. It's not my game, i know, but it IS the player's duty to suggest ideas and such! And this is one of them ALOT of us would want back if its not wings, or items, or prey! dims dont have to be 1 - 100, it could be 1 - 50 or 75! Just dont have all of us crammed into one spot! "Oh, maps can replace dims" WELL, What if we don't know HOW to make maps? Or don't have the TIME and PATIENCE? Ah yes, the classic rant. Interesting, No? Yes, I get it. Kov, Raz, And the mods worked their butt's off just to make this game for us. I'm not being ungreatful or anything, All i want is my dimensions. That is all i ask. Every single day do i have to deal with the massive lag in-- Not one, ALL of the maps, Bonfire is the worst. "Oh well you can learn how to make maps.." Sorry, not gonna happen. Some of us don't have the time to spend on making maps nowadays, Thanks. So i now conclude this thread, I want dimensions back. And Admins/Mods, I would appreciate if you wouldn't turn down ideas so much as this, and some of the audience too. "TOO MUCH CODING!" Well it can be put in the next update to the game you know. Have a good day.

Runningwolfpro

Re: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:57:39 am »
     I love you.

I whole-heartedly agree on the whole dims thing, and there's only what? Five maps (Such a disappointment, I mean, through-out the whole time of FH being created, only 5 maps were made? Didn't I.T. have like, a poop-ton??)

They've already taken the most fun part of the original I.T. game away (hunting/items/prey), and now they've taken dims?? I can understand the time it takes to make what we have - hopefully maybe in a future patch you guys will have made dims but if you're trying to get realism, making the game laggy and boring is just going to cut your player rate. Unless that's what they're shooting for... But if not, they should really try super hard to get some dims and items in.
     Btw Kov, I know you don't read anything, but MAYBE the staff will run this by:
     I know items are totally unrealistic, but dude - If you're allowing rainbow lions, items shouldn't be a problem. Another thing about this, isn't it suppose to be a player's choice type of thing? If a player wants a more realistic character, they don't have to wear the items, just like they have the choice of making a purple wolf or a brown lion. The only reason I'm being crazy about hunting rare drop items, is because that's the main thing I did back in I.T., so to see it gone is really disappointing... It's something about the game that has more of an achievement feel. Maybe we can get items as rewards for the missions? Wait - those are offline... D:<

Sorry for ranting on your post, Jazz!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:59:55 am by RunningWolfProductin »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:07:36 am »
I agree 100% on this. Seriously, Staff. I'm sorry, but taking away dims was not cool. This is something that really angered me. I need dimensions, the 5 maps are not cutting it for me. Yes, I am glad that the game is even out, but the lag... I can't take it. Every map, there's some sort of lag. No matter what. I'm sorry, but it's true. Go ahead. You can get mad at me for even saying that. Go ahead. But I need dims back. "Maps will replace dimensions" will NOT cut it. I need a VALID reason for you guys to take dims away. They reduced lag, I see no point in taking them away.

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 04:08:01 am »
Ohohoho, Thats just fine. This IS a rant thread afterall. I want to see what they have to say about this one. If kov really wanted realism, We wouldn't have oddly colored felines or canines, You don't see a red and black dog running around in real life do you? Or a blue and purple cat? Not at all! Same thing with wings and items.. However, items are most of the reason I.T. was shut down.. I don't care for them much, but dimensions? Need. BAD. And you cant be blamed for putting your opinion/suggestion huh? No we cant, because we as the players have the right.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:13:06 am »
Correct. But taking dims away... not a smart move at all, Staff. Not. At. All.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 04:16:59 am »
I just wanted tyo say this, but the reason they don't have items is not because of realism, but they constantly got hacked by people trying to get items.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Nyla

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Christian prejudiced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22:20 am »
Slightly off topic, but I have to object here; RunningWolf, saying that prey and items were the 'most fun part' is a selfish harsh thing to say. First of all, IT was originally designed to be a 3-D roleplaying game. Items were added in to help make characters more unique, before there was the options of markings. In fact, a large portion of the items were/are private items, made for specific characters, because they were part of the owners' character design (for example, Noa's water pouch, the sword, and many of the soul/shard/pawfire items). Prey and hunting was added in even later, mainly because some of the newer/non-roleplaying members complained that IT was 'boring'. The reason items were removed was because of the endless arguments and issues that came up around them. In fact, near the end of it's days, Impressive Title was hacked by someone who then distributed private items and blew out the sever, which in turn helped contribute to the premature shutting down of IT.

So before you complain about not having items or prey, think about all this first. And then remember, FeralHeart is still IN PROGRESS. The version out right now is constantly being updated and upgraded.  More maps will be added, as well as new features, and while items will probably never be added in, I'm sure there will be plenty of other things that you guys can fight over.

For the sake of staying slightly on-topic, I do agree with having Dimensions, but only a few. No more than 10, I would say.

EDIT: After I typed this up, I read over some of the newing comments, and now I have to rant a little more. This time it's about maps.

It's not that hard to make a map. If you've ever made on on IT, you'll agree that making on on FH is a LOT less complicated. In fact, it's really quite easy. Click and drag, my friends. There's also something called a 'tutorial', many of which can be found on this very site. Now, before you start ranting about how it's 'too much effort' or you 'cant' be bothered'... Well, let me put it this way: If you have time to spend your time on the computer running around as a brightly colored lion/wolf, you probably have time to figure out how to make a map. Who knows, you might even enjoy the mental stimulation. If you're still too lazy to figure out how to make maps, then you shouldn't be complaining. It's like complaining that you're hungry while standing next to a fridge full of delicious food. It's just shallow.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:29:38 am by Nyla »

I didn't really want to make this my signature, but... this thing is scarily accurate.

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:50:18 am »
Everything you said about the items and such, yeah i agree with you on that. However, I HAVE made my own map before, Its extremely time consuming, and if you don't know how to put water, or hills, you will just end up with a failed map. Sorry if this sounds rude, but i am not spending hours of my time on a map i will most likely NEVER play in except ONCE. Yes, i have the time to run around as an oddly colored lion/wolf, because i want to. The game is still in developement, it just came out, I get it, Dims can be in future updates. If the staff even listens to us. When i have free time, I'd make maps if i had nothing else to do. We're talking in-game here. Everything is way too crammed, this needs to be fixed.

Offline Shenkka

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:22:49 am »
I also want Dimensions back.

My two cents, though, is that we only need about three or four dimensions.
I don't want the community to get spread apart so much that I don't have any hope of finding anyone.  That infuriated me, so I rarely played IT. Honestly, it was pretty sad. I wasn't the only one who had this problem, and it would be a great shame if FH had a seperated community like IT did.

WindzLaLa

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 05:29:07 am »
I have never played IT, but I would also be curious to see this. The maps kinda get boring. ;/