Poll

Dimensions?

Yes!
86 (84.3%)
No!
16 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.  (Read 20617 times)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 05:29:59 am »
I have to say, I agree. They should add a Friendlist fuction so that when you go on "Find" You see the dimension and map, I think that'd be helpful.

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 05:31:34 am »
I feel that adding more maps would be a good start to less lag and less rude people "claiming" dens. Spread poeple over other maps ratehr than different dims. :3

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:58 am »
More maps with more dens or dims.

The few maps we have are overcrowded, and its hard for some of the less-computer-savvy members to install custom maps made by friends. (Without beating them up for not understanding things. D:<)

The dens are also an issue, seeing as how the packs/prides who have about 30+ members all have someone on 24/7 to gang up on anything else looking to use that den or breathe the air of that den or LOOK at that den. Trying to compromise with the packs/prides in question doesn't work, either. No one is willing to talk, just tell you to GTFO. Dims would not only help to resolve the lag problems for the users but also this den issue, perhaps?

But I think half of the problem we have are trolls taking up the space. I saw someone running around with the name "BARACK OBAMA" yelling at people to "LISTEN TO ME I AM THE PRESIDENT" and "HEALTHCARE REFORM EVERYWHERE". Not much you can do about them. =.='
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

weylin

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 09:33:35 am »
Hello everyone. I just thought I'd throw this out there.

They didn't take anything away, they just haven't implemented it yet.

This is a complete redo, he didn't just change the graphics around and call it a day. No, he built it again from the ground up. (Maybe he borrowed some code from the old game, but that's about it :P)

I'm a little leery about dims though, as they seemed to make IT a wasteland, and made it really difficult to just have a random RP.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:35:41 am by weylin »

TealSkeletore

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 09:44:57 am »
Kov wants the game to be realistic.

I'm kidding.

But seriously, solution = custom maps. Don't have the time or patience to make one? Get some one else to, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to do requests. There's also going to be a download section where everyone can upload all their maps, presets, meshes etc. They'll be hundreds of maps to choose from that member's have made. It's really not that hard ;) Just use your common sense.

Offline Aerokitzz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 04:14:42 pm »
Teal, Adding maps or downloading them WILL NOT stop the lag. The lag IS the problem here. If we do get dims back we don't need a whole bunch. 1 - 15 or something so we wont be completely isolated. So maps do not = a solution to this one. Especially since right now, there aren't many maps to begin with or download. We don't want complete isolation, we want an escape route from lag. And wey, I think we understand that the game is still new and all, but i asked this once before in a post months ago, and Rak said kov said there wouldn't be dims. Honestly do none of you care about the users with bad computers? Not everyone has the money to buy a 500 - 1000 dollar computer that has windows 7 and all that other crud on it!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:24:02 pm by Jazz »

Offline Spoonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:23 pm »
Jazz, I love you.

I am one of the people all in favor of Dimensions. They created a way to talk with friends, RP better, go figure things out in quiet solitude.
Maps are good, without different places to go everyone would be bored. But Dimensions are almost a critical need. I'm someone who doesn't have the computer to with-hold countless downloads of maps and meshes and textures nor do I want to spend my time surfing the furoms for good maps which my friends may not like and won't download either. ( Yaaay, let's go RP with ourselves!? Anyone!? No? Shame. =D )
Also, with Dimensions it was easier to find the people you were RPing with. I wouldn't be saying this normally, but Kov has also seemed to think that getting rid of people on the mini-map was a good idea too. 
Now, before you get mad, let me ask you this: Without Dimensions, people on the mini-map AND only 5 maps in which roughly 8000 people are crammed into?? It's hard to find the people you're RPing or talking with. And please for the love of gosh don't tell me to add everyone in my group because quite frankly I may not like EVERYONE in my group. I simply like to RP.
Also, I'm not trying to sound evil or mean or even like a PMSing dog or something, but this is a really big issue for me..
Dims made my I.T. expierence a lot better- I don't want a lot, maybe 1 - 50 ( Enough to make it so people can go places /alone/ if they want. ) and I think a lot more people would be happier.
Staff, Kov, you made a game /for/ people, right? Why not listen to the opinions? If you don't even do that, then you didn't make it for anyone but you. And therefore shouldn't have given it to anyone but you and your friends. You wouldn't get so many rants and rages then.
I'm glad we have FH, don't get me wrong, I just think we need some more stuff- and soon.

~Spoonz
~
The Question That Sometimes Makes Me hazy; am I Or The Others Crazy?
-Albert Einstien.
~

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 09:58:22 pm »
Oh god, I love you so much. :/ I want dimensions. Taking them away really, really f*cked me over. I lag severely. Lag is the reason I STOPPED playing Impressive Title.

Would it really hurt Kovu to throw in four dimensions at least? I really, really doubt it. >>
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Babe

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 10:59:00 pm »
I'm okay with or without dimensions. I didn't see a logical reason to take them away. Although, I do lag a lot.. so they would probably help me out with avoiding lag. :c

Bazzar

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »
I'm for dimentions. not only would it solve lag, but am I the only one that is annoyed by the "____ has arrived"..."____has arrived"...etc. and all the commotion of seeing all the chats at once? I mean, people have the right to chat and roleplay, but with a few dims it would be less spam and less drowning out things in conversations. sure, making custom maps would help get rid of lag too, but people are lazy and not everyone is going to make a map and not everyone has the skill too, even with the new map maker.

~Usyrian