Poll

Dimensions?

Yes!
86 (84.3%)
No!
16 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.  (Read 20619 times)

slycan

Re: Dimensions - Some of us want, some of us need.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 11:45:01 pm »
Dude

There's 5 different chats - including GROUP chat

If your serious about role playing - you would take the time and effort to make your own MAPS or take a few second and make a GROUP.

For Feck Sake. It comes down to laziness.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:47:30 pm by Slycan »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 11:49:11 pm »
Sly, that won't reduce lag though. I am one of those users that has a super old computer, and I can't afford a new one. During IT, I never lagged at all cause of the different dimensions. And now in FH, I can barely get into a map without lagging. I think that dims should be added back.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:50:55 pm by Gem »

Offline Spoonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 11:57:24 pm »
Exactly, even though Dims would make Rping easier I mainly want them back because of the lag.
Also, again I say: Some people don't have the computers or laptops to handle making their own maps or downloading countless numbers of maps, and groups are good and all but leads to a whole new subject of wanting an updated Mini-map ( one that shows where everyone is, not just friends ).
Some people also don't have the ability or knowledge to create a /good/ map that they or even others for that matter would want to go too.
~
The Question That Sometimes Makes Me hazy; am I Or The Others Crazy?
-Albert Einstien.
~

slycan

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 12:03:25 am »
I've tested the 'lag theory' on my old Windows XP Home Edition 23 bit low end computer - and the only place which I would crash would be if I were to sit in Default with 9001 people loading in my screen at once. But If I went to The Flourite Plains [bigger map] and sat on an island with 5 or six of my friends  'loaded' on my screen for RP - my Frame Rate never dropped.

I think the issue is

1- Low end computer users are having there setting WAY to high for a NEW game ( Viewing Distance too high, Open GL vs Direct 3D , Water Reflection On which takes alot of 'energy' from the game)

2- Of course if you sit in default with 100's of people loading and leaving over and over again - there will be lag and constant pop ups of 'connected' and 'disconnecting' - Try going to another bigger map, less people loading on screen.

3- If you know your computer is a garbage can with wires - then why are you complaining that a brand new game won't work on it xD? ( not directed at anyone - just saying.. common sense!)

Bazzar

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 01:05:18 am »
either way, the game would be nice with even as little as 4 or 5 dims. it may not be needed. some people may not want it. but will it kill anyone too add a few dims in the next game update? seriously, for people with bad computers it'll give less lag. for people with good computers...well they're be completely unaffected.

I don't think anyone is asking for dims RIGHT NOW. no one will die if a few are added at some point.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 01:17:48 am »
Exactly. We're not asking for it right now. We just want dims back maybe in the next update. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

weylin

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 01:20:39 am »
I have a windows 95 with 256MB of RAM and can't run Crysis with full settings! bawww

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:54 am »
I have a cheap laptop and FH works fine for me. The only time I notice lag is when is when I'm in the middle of a lrge group, or facing a large group. Once I turn away or leave the crowd it runs fine.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

slycan

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:12 am »
And while your waiting for updates - Make Maps or attempt to read some Tutorials - LOL

hot dayum I love solutions.

PS - *+Karma weylin*

Offline Spoonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 04:23:42 am »
I agree with Bazzar, if they add Dims it'll help the lag for people who lag, for the people who don't?? Then ignore them. C=

It's funny, how when people complain about something, others complain about them complaining.
^_~
~
The Question That Sometimes Makes Me hazy; am I Or The Others Crazy?
-Albert Einstien.
~