Author Topic: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?  (Read 13846 times)

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
Re: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:31 am »
I agree with this, at some point;
but I would want an option to turn it off, example; trolls would come up and attack everybody, also with what Emily and Kaharu said, FeralHeart is a roleplaying game and life bars I wouldn't like.

If there WAS PvP in the game, I would certainly turn it off to chat with my friends instead of trying hard to avoid people who want to attack people untill they are dead and/or pissed off.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:03 pm »
Very nice idea, but I don't think this would be possible.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 12:50:24 pm »
It most likely could Silver, it would take a long time though.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »
I know XD. When I learn coding fully, then something like this may come out (but it'll be years). (Yes, I am going to be a software/website developer)

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Video Maker and more!

Offline varvorn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »
I think FeralHeart is a game where people can chat with each other and make roleplays. They can do different things, create different characters, and the only barrier is imagination. But life bars... I don't think they will make the game better. Simply running around and killing people isn't wery good, but if they add something like experience bars and awards, it would be better, I think.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:34 pm »
I think FeralHeart is a game where people can chat with each other and make roleplays. They can do different things, create different characters, and the only barrier is imagination. But life bars... I don't think they will make the game better. Simply running around and killing people isn't wery good, but if they add something like experience bars and awards, it would be better, I think.

What do you mean by "Experience bars?"

Video Maker and more!

Offline varvorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 05:45:28 am »
I mean if they will add life bars and fighting, they must add experience. If someone kills prey or another user's character, he/she gets some experience. This experience can be used to increase your skills and even "buy" items ;)

Offline EpiConflict

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Words can be FATAL... Watch your mouth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:47 am »
Seems worthy
Forsaken

Karly

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 11:42:52 am »
I mean if they will add life bars and fighting, they must add experience. If someone kills prey or another user's character, he/she gets some experience. This experience can be used to increase your skills and even "buy" items ;)

Indeed.

Example: the experience bar demands you get 2000 experience points to be able to further enhance your skills and 'buy' items. To achieve this, the player would go out and kill creatures to receive said experience points. Each creature would give you a different amount of experience points (e.g. a rabbit gives you 50 experience points). It's pretty similar to the experience systems MMO(RPG)s apply to their games (e.g. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, RIFT, ...).

I do think, however, that experience bars should not be applied if we go with this idea. It would immediatly defeat the purpose of the game and turn it into an entirely new one; people would be more focused on enhancing their skills and getting items rather than roleplaying.

I think life bars and attacks are a great idea, but they should either limit it to attacks like the ones in Impressive Title or the ones OP stated. Perhaps they should add a little bar that sinks into the bottom of the screen when dismissed and can be brought up again when the player feels the urge to hunt that contains abilties much like the ones the OP stated.

Quick doodle:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:35:03 pm by Karly »

Offline varvorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 12:49:55 pm »
Yeah. You're right :D
It's a very good idea and I hope that game creators will apply it and bring this system in game.