Author Topic: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?  (Read 13849 times)

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
Re: What do you think the game would be like with life bars and attacks?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 05:34:59 pm »
Yes the attacking other players randomly could be a problem, but like I said before, there could be something like a "Fight request". You don't have to fight if you don't want to. So the problem of being attacked all the time would be solved. And experience, skills, and buying items is nice, but I think that actual prey and fight sequences would really be the only thing that should be added. The life-bar thing would only appear and be active during a fight with no consequences after leaving a fight sequence. That the game itself wouldn't so much be changed entirely, but only improved.

So in summary, if fight sequences and prey were added, the game would gain some more interest, but stay true to the RPing base. Since fighting and prey wouldn't be COMPLETELY engrossing, and RPing would still be the main entertainment.

(I agree that experience and skills might distract players to much)

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline varvorn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 07:29:20 am »
Yeah, fight requests are good idea, too.
That won't make the game too dangerous for new members to play, and it will be more interesting.
As you said, it will also save roleplays :)

Offline XtremeOwnage234

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 02:46:30 pm »
I wouldn't play it that much because it would be like WolfQuest. I have it, but I really don't play it anymore. WolfQuest just has so much lag and glitches now I just play FH.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »
It wouldn't be as fun, even thought it would for roleplays.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 04:38:36 pm »
You know I couldn't help replying to this because I was looking at this thread and thinking "Why would this ruin any game?" Do you REALLY think that you wouldn't have an option to accept a fight from someone or turn off requests to be fought? There are many options, and let me tell you, there's no way that it would ruin feral heart. I've played MANY games that have just utterly failed because they did no updates or really even tried to help the game get better, I haven't been playing feral heart because it's just the same things over and over, I've made lots of maps and roleplays, I believe that having combat would be an EXCELLENT idea for this game even if it's just for the change. As for lag, if you lag on feral heart besides in extremely populated areas (bonfire/flourite)... I think it's time to trash the dinosaur computer ;P. I've had a whole lot of experience with games like this, and there's no way it'd ruin the game if the developers went about it correctly, though I don't really even see them on these forums talking about it, I've seen just about two or three updates to the game, yes, it's free, but come on now, Arokai will have fighting, and that'll draw people away, fighting will just make roleplay better.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:42:39 pm »
You know I couldn't help replying to this because I was looking at this thread and thinking "Why would this ruin any game?" Do you REALLY think that you wouldn't have an option to accept a fight from someone or turn off requests to be fought? There are many options, and let me tell you, there's no way that it would ruin feral heart. I've played MANY games that have just utterly failed because they did no updates or really even tried to help the game get better, I haven't been playing feral heart because it's just the same things over and over, I've made lots of maps and roleplays, I believe that having combat would be an EXCELLENT idea for this game even if it's just for the change. As for lag, if you lag on feral heart besides in extremely populated areas (bonfire/flourite)... I think it's time to trash the dinosaur computer ;P. I've had a whole lot of experience with games like this, and there's no way it'd ruin the game if the developers went about it correctly, though I don't really even see them on these forums talking about it, I've seen just about two or three updates to the game, yes, it's free, but come on now, Arokai will have fighting, and that'll draw people away, fighting will just make roleplay better.

You have a good point. but I don't think it would happen

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Video Maker and more!

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:55 pm »

You have a good point. but I don't think it would happen
Well people shouldn't use the excuses that it wouldn't be good for the game, because I know plenty that it's false, as long as the dev's decide to put OPTIONS on the requests like in so many other games, there'd be no problems.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »
You know what they say Silver.  Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground, and learning how to miss. In other words, Nothing is impossible. If we FeralHeart-ians  have enough faith and enough Game Makers... one day. This idea might come true.

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
You know what they say Silver.  Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground, and learning how to miss. In other words, Nothing is impossible. If we FeralHeart-ians  have enough faith and enough Game Makers... one day. This idea might come true.
The argument I have to this is that, one, look at impressive title, that game had a lot of interesting stuff in it including combat, why wouldn't they do this in feral heart if they've already done it already and seen how much people enjoyed it? two, since I've been around I've seen like two major updates, this game has been around for a decent amount of time now, there isn't a reason they shouldn't make updates to it. Lastly, I know well that in a lot of games, really high end mmo's there is no connection between the developers and the gamers, which is a baaad thing lol, trust me -.- Either way, I'm saying that the developers could easily look at this thread and say "Hey maybe we should do this because it'd be a good thing for the game" buttt, who's on this thread right now? I mean they could at least give us a hint saying "Yes we're working to improve the game if even just a little" There are still bugs in the game to be fixed too.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
You know what they say Silver.  Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground, and learning how to miss. In other words, Nothing is impossible. If we FeralHeart-ians  have enough faith and enough Game Makers... one day. This idea might come true.
The argument I have to this is that, one, look at impressive title, that game had a lot of interesting stuff in it including combat, why wouldn't they do this in feral heart if they've already done it already and seen how much people enjoyed it? two, since I've been around I've seen like two major updates, this game has been around for a decent amount of time now, there isn't a reason they shouldn't make updates to it. Lastly, I know well that in a lot of games, really high-end mmo's there is no connection between the developers and the gamers, which is a baaad thing lol, trust me -.- Either way, I'm saying that the developers could easily look at this thread and say "Hey maybe we should do this because it'd be a good thing for the game" butt, who's on this thread right now? I mean they could at least give us a hint saying "Yes we're working to improve the game if even just a little" There are still bugs in the game to be fixed too.

And now....I started a argument

Video Maker and more!