Author Topic: A howling/roaring idea  (Read 2090 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
A howling/roaring idea
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »
Sometimes it nice to have a good howl or roar every once in a while. But don't you think it's a bit boring howling or roaring is a standing position? Wouldn't it be nice if we could howl or roar whilst sitting or laying down? Just be a bit more realistic and add some variety.
I have thought this through, and I thought the howl/roar function could be made to work while our characters are in the following positions; sit, lay and side lay. It would look very weird to howl or roar is any of the other positions, so I thought perhaps the character's howl/roar could be disabled while it is in any of the positions other than those three.

And that's the idea. :) Thoughts?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Re: A howling/roaring idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:43 pm »
I like that idea. It would be cool to be able to howl while sitting since it does add more realism to whatever you feel like doing. As you said yourself, it adds more variety than having to just stand up to howl or roar. Good idea, Flob. :3

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:22 pm »
Even though I don't roar/howl much, I suppose it would be a cool idea for those who do.
I don't think it's a MASSIVE addition to the game, but yeah, its alright.
Just a thought of mine, I wish the roar action wuz a bit more, ummm, "Liony".
I don't know if you can alter the sound in the settings, but the roar seems really quiet compared to the howlin'.
Anyway, better not got too off topic.
If your idea ever happens, lets just say there wont be anymore spasm-moves like when your char is lyin' down and then you suddenly rawr/howl, which makes yer stand up like a stupid mushroom.....

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:42:42 pm »
You can alter the sound effects to make the sounds different (obviously xD). Say if you wanted to have a different roar sound, you can find sound effects on google, put them in the sound folder and name it 'roar1' replacing the old one with the new one.

I thought that, action wise, that when you're sitting or laying, instead of having the whole body have some sort of motion like you do when you howl standing up, just have head and neck movements. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)