Author Topic: Perhaps a New way to gain intrest for Default Maps  (Read 1158 times)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Perhaps a New way to gain intrest for Default Maps
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:48:22 am »
So far it seems like whenever I come in game, all my friends including the old and new ones always run to a downloaded map now a days. Never coming in to the default maps to say hello and make new friends, but this only seems to happen when there are new maps added in to the game server. But Razmirz already works very hard and so does Red, so why not just make it to where we have a contest, one every month or two months but with a twist to help bring the gaming community back in to default maps and make them thrive?

The twist for the competition is that there can be no meshes that were downloaded or textures or even terrain textures added to these maps. No sky files or music files so this way when it is added or so it won't add more to the fh server making it easier to bring them. The maps being that of which multiple contestants have entered and whomever wins having their map added in to the games default maps.

Just a idea and all, but I feel as though it would help bring people back in to the maps so we can have more of a community rather than people wondering off alone sometimes.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps a New way to gain intrest for Default Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »
While I understand where you're coming from, I honestly don't think the default maps are quiet at all. Fluorite, Bonfire, Ficho, Ascenion Island, South Pole, and really all of them are fairly popular (even Last Cave has a decent amount of users at times). It could just be the time zone that you're in that makes the default maps seem quiet, though, Blue, but I don't know if they truly need much of a revival.

However, everyone has been asking for new maps. This idea and many variants of it have been posted many times in the past, but the problem is, without the source codes from the original game (which the creator, KovuLKD, left us and took them with him) we cannot add any new, official default maps at our current time.

A thoughtful point, though. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:42:24 am »
Arent all files for the maps .fhm however and able to be made and put into the default fh maps?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32:23 am »
Hurr, my brain isn't working too well but let's see if I understand.
I think White does have a good point really, and I know we can edit the original FH maps to place custom maps into, so we only have Cape now to put our custom maps in.
I honestly think the public maps we have in the game already are just fine, really.
Though this does however, give me a contest idea.
White truly does have a good point in this case really, since Kovu isn't here, we cannot add new maps unless we remade them I would guess with permission, as I think Simba does for FH+
I don't really know. o3o It is a good idea, however, but I don't think it's that possible.