Author Topic: KovuLKD, and the Source Code. (Moderators, please read.)  (Read 16174 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: KovuLKD, and the Source Code. (Moderators, please read.)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 09:35:11 pm »
^
Yes... I even thought he may be dead too...

Sometimes... I think that... KovuLKD is just preparing a major big update for the game... which would took years to finish it.. but no.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 09:35:46 pm »
Yes, it is quite possible that Kov has passed. After all, he never gets on Skype, is never on Facebook, or ANYWHERE else on the internet. It is quite possible that Kovu is dead.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »
That would be quite horrible, but how old is Kovu? Anybody?
dead account

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »
So without KovuLKD, our game can have no major update. So we are just stuck here. And this thread is similar to another thread I made a couple days back. But I am still mainly focused on what happened to him. Not even him and FH. I think that maybe he died. OK, no, but you know what I'm getting at here?
I've wondered that, myself, but he's alive and well as far as some mutual contacts have told us. He's still been contacting others as of late, but he refuses to have any contact with Red, Razmirz, or any of the staff.
It would've been nice to give him the benefit of a doubt, say maybe he really was just super busy, but as of right now he's alive and well, and just being stubborn and unreasonable with us for some reason.
The staff feels the same way you guys do, believe me.

@Vio, we understand. I honestly think Raz should get the codes, so the staff as a whole could care for the game the way we want to, but unless Kov gives us the codes, we have no way of officially updating the game. And that's just the situation we're in right now.

However, as many have stated previously, we do at least have a game that is somewhat customizable, so we can add items, markings, and we do have events and contests to enjoy, and we have a server host that can keep things running optimally for us all.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
Yes, it is quite possible that Kov has passed. After all, he never gets on Skype, is never on Facebook, or ANYWHERE else on the internet. It is quite possible that Kovu is dead.

If someday someone who is friend of Kovu in real life come to FH, see the name and said what happened to him... if he's alive or dead. (Not mentioning fakers)

*modifies*
@Light Did you mean that who contacts him isn't part of FH community?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:42:32 pm by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 09:43:23 pm »
My friend's girlfriend has already contacted Lenny, so if we get the okay, we will have the source code by tomorrow. It's about time the staff gets what they rightfully deserve. THEY care for this game when Kov does not. As far as I am concerned... Kov has given up ownership. If you will allow Lenny, we will have the source code very soon.

Offline antherax

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 09:46:58 pm »
Certainly Kovu has to have heard of all of this by now. Just why won't he come to us? I'm going nuts. It's like seeing your dog telling it to come here, but it just sits there all like NOPE. (More weird metaphors) I understand Kovu has lost interest, but if he gave the source, he would never have to work on it again!!! Doesn't he get it?
dead account

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »
If the moderators agree to let my friend's girlfriend's hacker friend hack the game files for the source code, we will not need Kov to give it to us. We can get it ourselves.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:52:59 pm by TheFourLinks »

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »
...Are you guys really thinking that Kov might be dead and that's why he may not have been around for over a year? o.O" That's kind of extreme.

Stubborn and unreasonable? Uh...he has every right to not give the code out if he doesn't want to, really. Doesn't matter if he works on the game or not. Doesn't matter his reasons. They should be respected outright instead of it being labeled something like "stubborn" or "unreasonable". He doesn't need a reason if he doesn't want to give out the code.

Regardless of whether he's here or not though, it still is his game, and rifling through files or editing things without his permission both violates copyrights and is extremely wrong. Just be happy the game is still around to even play than the things that could have been around.

From what I know of Kov over the years he wasn't the one who specifically promised ANYTHING. He may say "sure" or he may say "I'll think about it" but I'm pretty sure he's never flat out said "I promise that I'll do this". However, it is STILL his game, so he has every right to go back on promises of updates if he wants, because what he decides with his game goes [or SHOULD go].

In honesty were I in his position at the constant badgering of having wings in the past I would have laughed at people and said "No" outright. He shouldn't have had to make updates or anything because people wanted it, he should have been able to say "no" and let that be the end of it.

He's a human being who made a game for people to play and should have been able to make it in how he envisioned it and let it stay that way, not a machine that mechanically follows requests from people. :/ Saying he's 'abandoned' FH is dehumanizing considering the effort he put into it, because in honesty as I've watched over the years it looks more like FH abandoned HIM, and only focused on the materialistic values of his game than what he personally felt should happen with it.

It's unfortunate that the game can't have any updates or anything, but hey, it's still here, so that's better than nothing. It's best to appreciate what one has than what can be; life's too short to go around lamenting on things that border impossibility.

Offline antherax

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »
I suppose after all of this. I guess we have permission, it's almost like life or death, but not as serious. If we do get it. Feral Heart can continue and become greater. Cross your fingers.
dead account