Author Topic: KovuLKD, and the Source Code. (Moderators, please read.)  (Read 16175 times)

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
Re: KovuLKD, and the Source Code. (Moderators, please read.)
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 11:16:43 pm »
Good night. Sleep Tight. Don't let tigers bite. (umm... sorry for that)
Put your feet in Kovu's shoes TheFourLinks. What if you created a game and left then you come back and greeted with a bunch of weirdos hacking your game.
dead account

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 11:17:29 pm »
Yes, he made it, but do you ever see him moderate? Do you ever even see him online? When was the last time anyone has seen an update from him, or even a "Hi"? It's been over a year. The staff deserve to have the rights to take over. And we aren't gonna make him give it to us. My friend can find it himself without Kov, and give it to the mods and admins and whatnot.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »
So what if he hasn't been around, if he doesn't moderate? Without him there wouldn't be a community, the staff wouldn't have ever been hired in the first place. Kovu has copyright and if we take over the game that is, in a way, violating it. Not only is it wrong to, in a way, 'steal' the game from him, but it crosses a few legal lines as well.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »
Still rude. You know, what if he is secretly planning a big update and giving us a big surprise? Maybe not. But let's note try. Too risky for my taste. He would hate us forever if he came back and everybody hacked it. Yes he doesn't do much, but can we really blame him? He lost interest and we can't just go all out on the game and turn it into our own.
dead account

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 11:56:08 pm »
This discussion has turned into a debate whether or not to hack FeralHeart, which is a direct violation of our rules, and those involved can have very serious consequences for doing so. This is enough of the "I'm going to get the source codes" talk, since it can't be done without LKD, and if it was possible, Raz would have done it.

The main questions have been answered thoroughly, along with some nice discussion for the most part. However I don't see too much reason in letting this go on, since we all feel the same in the fact that we wish LKD would come back to update the game.
Hacking is not the answer, though, and two staff members have replied with a clear "no" in regards to this action. With that I'm locking this topic to prevent any further discussion of it.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||