Author Topic: Presets and User Maps  (Read 3511 times)

Maslien3

Presets and User Maps
« on: March 17, 2011, 07:31:21 am »
/preparing for mass amounts of hate....

Okay soo.. I was thinking just now, after reading a thread with an idea about changing weather, that whenever someone has an idea about the public maps, or about what could be different in the character customization, everyone just says "Well make your own map."  "Well you can do that with presets."

... That's nice but.. User maps are for you and a few friends, not everyone gets it, or gets to go there. And same goes for presets. No one can see them unless you pass around the download, usually to your close friends.

I was thinking it would be nice for everyone to experience the things that can happen in user maps, and the beauties that can be made with presets xD I'm finding it hard to say what I really want, since English is not my first language >.> But I mean.. I know the game has just recently come out, and there will be many things added in the future. I'm just stating my opinion about it. I think more markings should be added, more public maps and more interesting things going on in them such as moon cycles, and weather patterns. Tail customization, ear customization, and "purchased" presets so everyone can see them without having to pass around the download... D:

/shot

Liekos

Re: Presets and User Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:36:53 am »
mmm.. i like that idea ^^

Offline Kouga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
    • Raven-Woods
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:33:49 am »
You're absolutely right. That really should be possible :) But where is that bandwidth coming from? The server would need to send a huge amount of data to every player who joins the map. This might become a little laggy..

A solution might be a second server which is JUST for this purpose. The main server wouldn't be affected and custom stuff could be hosted there.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »
I like the idea of more markings and maps especially. And ^ Post above.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 12:25:55 pm »
  Kouga, one issue with your idea is the money to pay for a second server. There is already a thread up about how many would be willing to pay to have their presets on the server, and the majority are saying no. I myself would be very willing to pay a one time payment of $3 per preset, but the majority are unwilling to do so.
  Which is a shame, people just don't seem to understand that to make these things possible money is needed... And thus things like that can't be acheived, a real downer.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Thunderheart

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:01:05 am »
i think most people said no because they are not allowed to.... my mother would never buy me a preset space on the server, and nothing else that has to do with games.
But if I could, I would do it. So I said yes.
We really need more public maps <3

Maslien3

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 07:26:25 am »
Kouga, you have a point. A second server would certainly help... but Kyugima is right too.. it would cost more money :c I did see the paying for presets thread, and I voted yes, because I think $3 is a fair price to pay for it, since I understand the space, and money it takes to host information like that.

However, Thunderheart is absolutely right... the majority of the community here is young, and I have no problem with that, it's just that they don't have their own money to do what they please with it. A lot of people have to ask their parents. And parents are stubborn and will always say no xD  Which is why I think more marking are a good idea, but then, of course we are back to having the issue of server space and money....

Maybe the site could start donations? I think that may have already been mentioned, but I certainly wouldn't mind donating, like, $30 to this site if it would help them with the costs. And I think some other people might too?

JazzForLife

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »
I'd like to see some more public maps. The staff may be working on some, I'm not sure.
I deffinately agree with Thunderheart. I'd get grounded if I even ASKED about purchasing some online game thing.
I think donations would be great, but only for people who are able and willing to. Obviously if people can't pay for presets, they're not going to donate x amount of money.

Maslien3

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 03:01:07 am »
Of course, donations would only be for those who can afford/are allowed to donate. I didn't mean you should have to pay to play xD

But I think some people here might be able to donate? I guess I don't know for sure.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 04:01:08 am »
  Oh, I didn't mean that those who don't want to pay for presets in the server don't understand, It's the people who want the best of both worlds, and refuse to pay for presets but want them on the same and just don't seem to get the concept of server space costs money...
  I'm on the same page as you guys, my mum is overprotective because of my Autism, because apparantly people with my condition get scammed a lot..... That and no pay pal XD

And the issue with money as well is, if I remember correctly, the people, or whoever they are that run the server, don't allow for those using their server to make any monetary gain from it. If people donated they might get more money than needed for the servers, and then they would be making monetary gain from it... With paying for presets, your paying for the space directly...

But that might of changed, I think they switched servers, so the rules might have changed...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:04:13 am by *Kyugima* »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho