Author Topic: Dear feral heart staff and user and such....(mac issues)  (Read 2152 times)

Offline appel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • mew :3
    • View Profile
Dear feral heart staff and user and such....(mac issues)
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:16 am »
Dear feral heart staff and user and such....
The mac app for feral heart should be made better then it is now, since now its just a windows program poorly wrapped in wine/all the other wine running things, i know this becuase one: i can tell its not a real mac app, two: it keeps crashing on me, and this should be able to run out of the installer out o the box.
now i did put some old maps and markings in there because i know how wine works and all that, but it should be rebuilt from the ground up.......or you could build a better one if you remake feral heart plus.
thank you

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Dear feral heart staff and user and such....(mac issues)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:50:44 am »
Just so you know, Feral heart + isn't originally made for Feral Heart. It is just a fan made creation made by Simba that has the same features of FH. As far as anyone knows, Feral Heart + is being redone and it will be available for download in the map section as a regular download. Staff don't have any concerns over fan made things like that anymore, that's why they took it off the regular downloads. If you want to read more about FH+ then click this:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=28586.0
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:09:15 am »
Feral Heart was originally made to run on Windows operating systems and then wrapped for Macs by Shell Prisoner as it states in the "Big help thread" and in the download section. Quote from Red:
This game was in first hand made for windows computers.
Macs run differently from Windows computers such the DirectX rendering system that Feral heart uses, and how files are placed. Without the game's source code, it's probably difficult to make a Mac version that works more efficiently. Here's the Feral heart Mac thread if you haven't seen it already: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=3251.0 (I apologize for only lightly explaining this... I do not use a Mac OS, so please correct me if something's off.)
or you could build a better one if you remake feral heart plus.
FeralHeart+ is not an official download, like Feareh said; it's a fan-made version of Feral Heart that is in progress right now to iron out the glitches, etc.

EDIT: Look at this! Nice thread on Mac tips and tricks:
-Via Crossover, not Wine.

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=121

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:23:26 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:55:43 am »
Ahh. As they have it, I just wanted to mention, this should be placed in "Game help". Just a little reminder, seeing your a bit new here (?) that's alright. :3 thanks!~
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 06:11:20 am »
I just wanted to mention, this should be placed in "Game help".
Nein, Ms. This thread does indeed belong here. The creator is just statin' her opinion when it comes to how FeralHeart runs on Mac devices and the re-creation of FH+. She's not exactly seekin' help from what I can make out.

As for the topic, I believe Ms. Feareh and Ms. Eclipse has stated most of what I myself would say if I were to thoroughly respond. Therefore, I advise heedin' the advice in their own posts and hopefully they will be of satisfaction.
gone