Author Topic: FH Popups and the FH issue  (Read 1513 times)

Offline AnonMax

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FH Popups and the FH issue
« on: October 31, 2017, 02:05:37 am »
I know that these are normal, and to be expected. Action, however, needs to be taken. I have no doubt that the NSFW ads have been reported, and yet they still appear.
And, at this point, I'm quite frankly disappointed by whoever chooses the ads for the FH login. It's gotten to the point where its not just eyebrow raising, but quite frankly ridiculous. If FH doesn't choose the popups, then whatever your system is grossly incompetent.
These ads need to finally be addressed seriously, and it is a shame that it has yet to happen. In a game where we push for no swearing and for it to be safe for children, there is a disturbing lack of ad censorship for the appropriate audience, and quite frankly, ad safety.
Today it went one step further.
When I clicked to login, I got a popup, as usual, another tab. Before, however, I could even move my mouse, as soon as I clicked an "HD Setup" was downloaded onto my computer. When scanned, it was registered as malware, and I had my antivirus put it in a virus chest and delete it. I had to do this twice, because when I pressed login, it happened again.
I have yet to see any action, admittedly, on ad issues, and I am begging those in charge of FH to start taking this issue more seriously. Reporting these ads shouldn't be necessary, as they shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
If FH is not willing to take these steps, then I believe it should be openly admitted that this is no longer a game for children, nor is participating in FH in and of itself safe. FH needs to be either what it claims to be, or it must change what it says.

Quite frankly, this issue also goes beyond just the ads. It goes into the game itself, where forced mating counters and borderline to outright NSFW is allowed in FH.
Please, step up, and fix this.
https://sta.sh/0182u7i3em8i
https://sta.sh/020kc6dceub1

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: FH Popups and the FH issue
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:06:57 am »
i noticed they are getting more ferocious.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
i strongly agree that the ads on feral heart can be very dangerous to the younger audiences, and though i don't know anything about what goes on behind these forums, do think they should have some kind of filter installed if possible.

however seeing as you have google chrome and an ad block installed, there are some ways around this. my suggestion would be to also install a pop up blocker. this'll help reduce the dangerous pop ups if ad block fails to do so, until there's an alternate solution to filtering out those advertisements. this is the one that i use.

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »
I too have seen the advertisements become more and more vicious. I also experienced the same automatic virus download that you did. I'm sure the mods/Raz are trying to figure a way around this as it's starting to get worse and worse by the passing months. The NSFW ads don't annoy me personally, but I see how it can make small children feel uncomfortable, especially when FeralHeart is a game suitable (and targeted) towards such a young demographic.
I really do hope that Raz can find a way to either decrease the number of ads, or at least change the ads to a more suitable theme.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 05:49:21 pm »
I'm very sorry about this. The issue is being looked into.

Offline Wiley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • audioxi
    • Audioxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 06:52:25 pm »
Hi, I have been experiencing the same issue. When I brought the situation up on an old account of mine, I was told that there was "nothing that could be done" and that "feralheart does not choose the ads" and that the reason they have these ads in the first place was because so many people were using adblock.

There's been situations in the past where the popup ad has not allowed me to close out of it by spamming me with repeated notifications/popups that could not be closed out of.
The ads are not just annoying and nsfw, they're also malicious, dangerous and intrusive, and the ad situation needs to be fixed.

I would gladly turn off my adblocker, or even CLICK THE ADS if the ads I'm seeing weren't so blatantly malicious.