Author Topic: We need ponies  (Read 13768 times)

weylin

We need ponies
« on: June 17, 2011, 02:28:23 am »
This game has the perfect framework for it. Only the model and animation would need to be done.

Now clearly having cell-shaded midget horses next to photorealistic wolves and lions is silly and there would need to be some way of isolating the two, but this game itself has so much already in place as far as functional networking and customization goes.

MLP:FiM is taking over the internet, and soon, the world itself.
Impress the pony lords and your lives may be spared from slavery!

EDIT: I do not mean having ponies as part of Feral Heart. I mean having it as a separate game using the SAME GAME ENGINE.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:52:10 pm by weylin »

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: We need ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:42 am »
We do need ponies on here XD
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:16:30 am »
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=6942.0

Edit:
This isn't going to happen, I'm not even going to open my mouth XD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:48:54 am by ~Essence~ »

TealSkeletore

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:22:04 am »
I love you.

Essence doesn't get it :P

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:50:00 am »
Ponies are amazing. <3

weylin

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 06:08:32 am »
Well, I hope nobody thinks I mean we should have ponies right along side with the wolves and lions, but there should definitely be an option on the side to access a parallel cartoonish world.

Trust me on this, you would make a lot of people happy :P

Bornes

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:33:38 am »
No. It would be nice to have an omnivore or herbivore simply so the carnivores have something to hunt (and rping prey seems interesting). But a cartoon world? And specifically ponies from MLP? No thank you. That would ruin the atmosphere of the FH game. If you wanted ponies "on the side" then it would just be a separate game. Go play an MLP game if you want that. I'm sure some type of MMO MLP thing exists already given how popular FiM has become.

That being said, here's an MLP creator to satiate your custom MLP:FiM desires: Linkage

weylin

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:34 pm »
No. It would be nice to have an omnivore or herbivore simply so the carnivores have something to hunt (and rping prey seems interesting). But a cartoon world? And specifically ponies from MLP? No thank you. That would ruin the atmosphere of the FH game. If you wanted ponies "on the side" then it would just be a separate game. Go play an MLP game if you want that. I'm sure some type of MMO MLP thing exists already given how popular FiM has become.

That being said, here's an MLP creator to satiate your custom MLP:FiM desires: Linkage
lol
already added that to favorites long ago.

Yes, there are some MLP projects already in the works.
However, this game has a huge jumpstart on all those projects.
People are basically having to reinvent the wheel here every time they make a game like this

When I say 'on the side' yes I do mean another game people could play, but using the same engine.

I was more interested in the adventure/RP aspect rather than the actual designing of ponies, but I do most of that by drawing MLP on iScribble. There you have no limits for what you can do except to the limits of your imagination, drawing ability, and that of the others involved.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:18:14 pm by weylin »

Rukata

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:47:34 pm »
I like MLP:FiM, don't get me wrong, but having ponies, even if you made them real horses instead of cutesy, MLP ponies, it would still feel wrong. When I think of Feral, I normally think of carnivores of some form.. a horse just doesn't fit the feral image to me. I dunno. Plus, there would be so much rainbow and love and holy - I would die from just that. Seriously, we're already cursed with Sparkle Dogs, we do NOT need Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie running around everywhere. No thanks. xD

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »
^This

As much as I love love LOVE~ ponies, I don't really think they fit with the overall feel of FeralHeart, ya know? D:
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity