Author Topic: Karma/General Chat Idea  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Karma/General Chat Idea
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:45:48 pm »
  Well, I have an idea that gives meaning to Karma, and could stop the flooding of the general chat. I was playing perfect worls, and I was going around slaying beasties with my venomancer when I saw something that caught my eye in the general chat on PWI. They were talking about teles or whatever they are. I can't remember the exact detail, but I DO know that you can not post in general without purchusing these tele's, as far as I know.

So, my lame and never going to get used idea (I'm putting it here to see what you think) is what if karma was like these tele's? You need Karma in order to be able to post on the general chat. It would stop a lot of spamming, because a majority of the trolls and spammers probably never go on the forum and wouldn't have the Karma for it.

I know this idea isn't too good, if there was ever a slim chance of it working it would need a lot of improvements from simply karma means you can general, and a lot of people probably wouldn't like the idea, but I just thought it could help with the spamming issue, and give people a reason for their karma...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Karma/General Chat Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »
I think it's a good concept, but wouldn't work in terms of FH.  A lot of people, even literate ones, don't go on the forums.  And even if they do, not everyone is the kind that likes to post in a bunch of threads.  For the first month or so here, I was just a lurker.  Even still, not everyone gets Karma, even if they've said something that most would consider worthwhile.  So, yeah, good concept, just not really workable IMO.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:13 pm »
Yeah, I don't think it would work out because of the same reason Paradox stated. Most users have never even been on the forum, let alone get any karma.

Moonglow

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:35:42 am »
I'm not so sure about the karma thing, but what if you could report someone for spamming, and they would be restricted from using general  chat for 30 minutes or so. There would have to be a certain amount of people who agreed with this (lets say 5) and the reports of spamming would have to be within 10 minutes or so of eachother. This way pepple won't get reported for spamming for no good reason.(I'm not really sure if this the right place to post this, If it isn't, then sorry.)

Moonglow

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:39:41 am »
*people,sorry

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:44:55 am »
This is actually a unique and neat idea but i have to agree with Paradox oh well karma for ur good idea :3
GIFSoup

What side will you join?