Author Topic: Different weather in different areas/ Names on the map.  (Read 1517 times)

Tamune

Different weather in different areas/ Names on the map.
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:39:03 pm »
Okay, I have wanted to make maps with one part desert, another jungle, another lava, and one with snow. I think it would be cool if somehow, (don't know how) you could have different types of weather in different areas at the same time. Like in Map maker, there could be a weather tab. After you had created the weather timeline and everything, (Weather cycle thing xD) if you went into map maker and went to the tab, you could select the file name.  There would be tools for the scaling and the placing. So you could put the weather where you wanted it. And when you tested it, that weather object would rain, snow for an amount of time, then stop and such.

Sorry I am not good at explaining things. xD

Now for the names on the map. By this, I don't mean player names. But with a HUGE map, if you double clicked on the map, it would enlarge and would be grey. It could also be a little transparent so you could still see your character behind it. There would also be an arrow which is you, facing to whereever your facing.  Anywho, there would be names of the sections. Like lets say someone made a canyon map, and inside the canyon part of the height map, on the map it would say Canyon. If they had a mountain, let's say...Candy mountain. It would be named candy mountain. If you see what I mean. Of course there would be a tool to disable it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:41:38 pm by Tamune »