Author Topic: Bulletin Boards.  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Bulletin Boards.
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »
I was thinking that it would be neat to see a type of bulletin board style sign that people can edit in game, like in the game Animal Crossing. It would be an object placed on a custom map, that characters can read or leave messages on by double clicking. A user's name and character's name would be signed at the bottom automatically so that is could be seen who left the message, which will hopefully reduce abusive messages and spam. This could be used in groups to keep members up to date, or for general silliness depending on the map rules. It could be used to keep track of a food cache for a roleplay, or when a new character joins a group. It could also be used as a guestbook on maps made public, so one could monitor activity when offline (assuming people want to sign).

I know we have the group description thing, but it would be nice to have something for everyone to edit, and for everyone to see. Thanks for reading :)

Headcrabmelon

Re: Bulletin Boards.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 03:21:12 pm »
I like this idea! it would be very good for advertising prides and what not 8D especially if the option of clicking on the person who did the message was available, allowing you to immediately message that person 83  but it may also help first timers coming on if game rules, updates, and maps could always be posted and help them get to know stuff in game, and be able to get out of bonfire ^^ (since some apparently have trouble with that)  

I know theres stuff on the forum about all that, but there's alot of people who don't get on the forum, and thus may not see the rules and what not .-. it would be a good idea <3