Author Topic: Recording FeralHeart Gameplay  (Read 4687 times)

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Recording FeralHeart Gameplay
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:09 am »
Ok, I've been wanting to take videos of FH for a while, but I dont have ManyCam or any other filming thing. So I thought maybe the FH team could add something to record gameplay. And then when you end the movie, it could ask if you wanted to upload it to YouTube or something.

PROS:
-Easier uploading to (insert video sharing thingy here)
-Easier recording (by this I mean you can just click the button or whatever instead of having to minimize FH and set up your recording software)

CONS:
-May result in lag if too many players are recording at once
(EDIT)
-Would take time to make if even possible in a good way when there's probably other more needed things to work on
-The quality would most likely not reach the same standards as recording it the other way
-Might need permission to make a youtube uploader? And if not, it would just really bring you to the upload page of youtube, this means it would be a raw video file unless you edit it anyway
-The only time I've bumped into an ingame video uploader was from the game "Dirt3"(A game made by a professional studio), and even there it was horrible.

Like it? Hate it? Your criticism helps peoples :3

(EDIT I'm starting not to think this is a good idea. Red made several good points about it xD )
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:10:30 pm by Larka »
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Recording FeralHeart Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:06:22 am »
As far as I know, making a program that actually records a vid clips would be like making a small game itself. It's probably no easy task.

Just get trial version of fraps or something since it's free.

I don't say this to be rude, but it's a complete waste of time in my eyes.

Set up fraps once and most of the time you never really have to diddle with it again, just run the fraps icon on your desktop, and it will automaticly be able to record from the game, even if you started the game first.

Pros
-Easier for anyone to make a video

Cons
-Would take time to make if even possible in a good way when there's probably other more needed things to work on
-The quality would most likely not reach the same standards as recording it the other way
-Might need permission to make a youtube uploader? And if not, it would just really bring you to the upload page of youtube, this means it would be a raw video file unless you edit it anyway
-The only time I've bumped into an ingame video uploader was from the game "Dirt3"(A game made by a professional studio), and even there it was horrible.

So this idea is not something I really support xd
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »
Thats okay :3 Everyone's opinion matters and its THEIR opinion.

Thanks for replying and I will add some things to the original post
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »
While this is an interesting idea, I don't think that it's a good one to add to the game.

The possible lag, compatibility with temperamental video codecs, and the lack of control over the camera's recording.

I personally use the full version of Hypercam. With it, you can select when the camera's recording (like pausing and unpausing the recording during a whole session) and choose from a variety of ways to change the recording size.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?