Author Topic: Stuck on loading screen  (Read 2597 times)

Offline iremember

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Stuck on loading screen
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:39:32 pm »
Hi, I just recently downloaded FH on mac after not playing it for like a year, and I learned all about the new update and everything and that you have to keep the play tab open. The problem is, when I log in on the actual launcher, it works and connects to server, but then it just sits at the loading screen. I tried waiting it out, and I did so for like an hour, and I still can't even get to character selection. Is there a fix for this?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on loading screen
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:12 pm »
Feral Heart has always been a tad bit buggy with Mac users. The sole reason for it is because Feral Heart was originally designed for Windows if my memory proves me correct.

What I'm about to say you've probably already done but sometimes minor oopsies can happen.
Be sure that the username you're logging into on the play tab and the one you log into in-game are the same.

It is possible that your connection might be in play of your misfortune, as well. Sometimes it happens to me when my wifi gets down or staggers. I'd check that, too.

Hopefully the problem will resolve itself. I'm sorry for your sudden disappointment.
gone

Offline iremember

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:02 pm »
Thank you, but yes, I only have one account to log into. My internet is not the fastest, but it isn't so incredibly slow that it would make it take that long. I hope it's not just misfortune because I remember loving this game lol, but thanks again anyway.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:52:30 pm »
Yeah, methinks it's your connection that's the culprit. Granted, I could be mistaken. Someone with more knowledge on the matter at hand than I may swoop in soon and become the hero of the day for you.

Until then, sit tight.~
gone

Offline iremember

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
Like I said, it's not like sonic fast, but it really isn't too slow. But yeah, hopefully a hero swoops in. Thanks for replying though.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:15:06 pm »
I am also sorry for your troubles, iremember! I am not a Mac user myself, but I'd wait it out or if it comes to it - a reinstall might be worth doing. I hope someone helps you with this as well, as I am not a Mac user.~
<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline iremember

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:29 pm »
Thank you, but I don't think a reinstall will work, as I just installed it today.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 11:27:03 pm »
Thank you, but I don't think a reinstall will work, as I just installed it today.
Alright, well I hope a Mac user will come along and help ya! Looking through old threads might help, as well see if someone else had the same problem! <3

Good luck floof!c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline iremember

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 12:00:07 am »
I was looking, and there are similar problems, but most people can at least get to the character select or map, and then it freezes. Idk, here's to hoping.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 02:26:52 am »
Well, I'm not a Mac user either but here's to hoping...

First, make sure everything was set up right by following Raz's Linux & Mac turorial:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56782.0

Also try creating a shortcut of FeralHeart from PlayOnMac and run the shortcut from your desktop. (Don't know if that'll help but it might.)

If you've done that then it could be an OpenGL/Direct3D9 thing:
Find your FeralHeart folder, likely found in PlayOnMac (unless you use something else.) by clicking on FeralHeart and then on the "Open the directory" option to the left. Then open the ogre.cfg file and switch "Render System=Direct3D9" to "Render System=OpenGL" or vice versa. (It'll be at the top.)

It may also very well be a driver issue... I don't know much about this though, even less so for Macs. o.o

Another thing to keep an eye out for are accidentally duplicated files in the particles area. (Though I doubt this is your issue, it might be worth checking.) They'd be found in "FeralHeart > media > particles" as aura_01 or Fire_01 or similarly numbered files. (This usually happens as a result of exporting objects.)

Also be sure that if you have a Firewall or an Antivirus that FeralHeart and/or PlayOnMac (or whatever you use.) aren't being blocked.

Hope you find out how to fix it!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.