Author Topic: Importing .mesh files to .3ds, .obj or anything?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Mossasaurus

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • aka WulfTheWolf
    • feralsaurus
    • mossasaurus
    • 9999tiger999
    • View Profile
Importing .mesh files to .3ds, .obj or anything?
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:29:12 pm »

I need something to import .mesh files. ....((The blender script (I don't know why) don't working, and I found nothing for AC3D or 3dsMax....
It would be very helpful for modelling items.))

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Importing .mesh files to .3ds, .obj or anything?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »
I don't believe there is a direct .mesh import for any programs.
For Blender, you will only find .xml.mesh import scripts, meaning you need to look for a little something called OgreCommandLineTools.
Inside this little something is a program called OgreXMLConverter.exe. All you need to do with that is drag the .mesh you want onto OgreXMLConverter.exe and it will spit out a .xml.mesh file for you to import into Blender.

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:14:10 pm »
I use 3dsmax, and the only way i could find to import meshes, its to use blender with the mesh script. Btw, you need to install python to get the script working on blender.

For 3dsmax there is a script for importing meshes in xml format but it just works the 10% of meshes.

Offline Mossasaurus

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • aka WulfTheWolf
    • feralsaurus
    • mossasaurus
    • 9999tiger999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »
I don't believe there is a direct .mesh import for any programs.
For Blender, you will only find .xml.mesh import scripts, meaning you need to look for a little something called OgreCommandLineTools.
Inside this little something is a program called OgreXMLConverter.exe. All you need to do with that is drag the .mesh you want onto OgreXMLConverter.exe and it will spit out a .xml.mesh file for you to import into Blender.

Thank you, It's working now. ^.^
Now just the skeleton don't working. xD

I use 3dsmax, and the only way i could find to import meshes, its to use blender with the mesh script. Btw, you need to install python to get the script working on blender.

For 3dsmax there is a script for importing meshes in xml format but it just works the 10% of meshes.

Thank you the help ^-^