Author Topic: More Map Trouble  (Read 718 times)

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
More Map Trouble
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »
The map I am making is approximately 89999 in width and I'm making it -heavily- detailed. suddenly it crashes EVERY TIME I test it in Map Maker and when I go into it on a character. I did not export it nor do I have any particles in it. What do I do?

AlphaEclipse

Re: More Map Trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:30:24 pm »
You said the map is heavily detailed? Try removing some high-poly objects (high detailed objects.) Also, here's a quote from an older thread.
Have you already seen this?

Ah, yes. The particles could be the culprit. Go into your C: >>> Feralheart >> media > particles and delete any ending in _0, _1, and so on. Sometimes particles double when they are exorted, causing the map to crash. Particles can also get themselves into the my_objects folder, so it wouldn't hurt to check there. ^^

If you don't find particles in those folders, search them in your PC.

Also, make sure your map is 513 x 513! That's very important.

Lastly, does your map have many objects? That can cause the map to crash.

AND, you can try switching your rendering system.

Method number 1~

First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a flie called:
'orge.cfg'
Click it, and open it with 'NOTEPAD'.

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change your rendering system.

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Method number 2~

Turn on FH!
On the main screen, you will see this:

Click options, and go to video. Click 'Rendering System.'

Then just simply switch your rendering system.

Note that sometimes method 2 doesn't always work- That's why I listed the orge.cfg file first. ^^

Good luck! Hope this helped those who don't know how to change their rendering system!~

You could also check the my_objects folder for double objects ending in a _0, and so on. I'd also try reinstalling Feralheart with a new installer from this site. (Save any maps, presets, etc.)

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »
Ok thank you :D

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:39 pm »