Author Topic: Adoption Centers  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Fearlesswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Adoption Centers
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:25:02 am »
Adoption Centers in Bonfire. Your thoughts on them?

First and foremost, I think it's a considerate and sweet thing to create! There are tons of new players that want to start their FH adventure as a pup/cub. It gives them an immediate family and pack/pride plus a start in the RP life.

But, unfortunately, the AC'S have some flaws. I've seen some overcrowded Adoption Centers with pups, cubs, dragon eggs, etc. I've watched, out of an entire group, only two or three get adopted. I've seen people give up and walk away because they never get chosen. So in that instance it's like the MateCenter.

But, I do belive the Adoption Centers mean well; not everyone can get adopted. Which is a let down. Once you find that family though, the wait becomes worth it.

So, what do you think?
In-Game Username - Fearlesswolf
"Forgiveness comes easy to those with an open heart; does that mean they'll forget? Oh no. They never will."

DreamerDay

Re: Adoption Centers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:33:08 am »
Yes, I totally agree. It's great way for new players to the start the game and meet new players. I love it. I simply lover the adoption center other than mate center. Plus, you get to play as pup or cub and play in large rp. I simply enjoy it.

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:32:02 am »
I like adoption centers, but I do think that just like MCs, you're more likely to get chosen if you're better looking (goes the same mostly for real adoption places). I haven't participated in an AC, but my sister has gotten a cub from there, and I had to act as the guardian, and that was fun! I would be willing to go and adopt for myself sometime, and enjoy an experience like that again. Playing Animal Jam, I know the wait is worth it. I would typically spend hours at a time waiting for the perfect parent to come rolling along, and the roleplays we got into were really fun! I dunno, that's just my bitcoin.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:39 am »
I honestly don't mind them at all and I believe it's an endearing way to start off. Also, who doesn't love playing as a pup or cub or anything such as that? It's something different and it gives the player a lot of time to develop their characters as they wait to get adopted by "parents," who will ultimately help in the development as well.

It's sad to see that not a lot get adopted, though. I'm sure there are a lot of wonderful child characters just waiting to be picked up and start their adventures. Plus, the player gets to be a part of some pretty great role-plays that are fun for both the guardian and pup. Appearance should not matter at all and if that's the only thing getting in the way, then that truly is sad. But ye' can't please everyone and things just have to go by their natural course.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:56:17 am »
Adoption centers in general are very useful. It gives the child roleplayers a chance to actually play as a proper child to a loving family other than begging random players to "BE MY MOM!1!!". All older players remember those days. lol

Although there are many negatives to the adoption center. Most adopters don't last long with their adopted child and they easily abandon them after like a day (personal experience). A lot of cubs/kittens don't get adopted because of the high demand of pups because canines are so popular, which I think is unfair. Not a lot of players participate in a interspecies family, which I think is a good idea, but it's not really realistic. But this game isn't realistic at all so why worry? The huddle can easily get crowded like the mate center and can cause high lag to weaker computers because of many players in a tiny map, hence the nickname "Lagfire Island". A good handful of players don't like the adoption center just like how they don't like the mate center, it seems like a very cheap way to start a roleplay and/or just the regular "dem noobz" claim. I don't really think this exactly, it's what I've got from other people.

Offline Chartay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 08:32:39 am »
I just don't like it when people walk up to me like "pls be my mommy *is homeless girl*
Yeah, I joined earlier and have already witnessed this about 3 times
I really hate myself

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:44 pm »
I actually consider that centre the most useful and best out of all the centres on feralheart. They do have some benefits such as:
1. They are useful for packs who role play most of the time.
2. They teach people how to be responsible (in my opinion).
I know it may be childish but if you look in the other side people do have benefits from them. When I was a newbie, I used to adopt around 10 pups at once, and found out that they helped me learn a lot and increased my writing skills. :)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »
I think they're quite amusin', to be completely honest. That and the MCs. :^)

'N as Ritalalia said, they do provide some advantages to floofs roamin' for a friend or roleplayin' purposes.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline SkyeHaven

• Curious Wanderer
  • Take To The Skies!
    • View Profile
    • Link To Pokepasta Wiki For Elections!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:44:57 am »
To me, the Adoption Centers are not too great and not too bad at the same time for several factors. Although, when you adopt a pup or a cub it might get annoying, it's a good way to start a roleplay.
Join us on 1st August 2015 - 31 August 2015 for the official Pokepasta Wikia Election??
Month! You are welcome to join this programme! We are voting for
the best Pokepasta Maker to join our team! DeviantArters, Wattpaders, Quotev, Anything! ?Remember! NO MORE ENTRIES OR VOTES AFTER AUGUST 31st 2015! JOIN US NOW FOR MORE INFO!

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »
Yeah, AC's are helpful. It is rather annoying when pups and cubs try to get attention way too hard.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw