Author Topic: What IS a Sparkledog?  (Read 21690 times)

Offline HIGURASHI Alice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Teehee, Chocobo faic.
    • View Profile
Re: What IS a Sparkledog?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »
Eh. I personally don't like ALL-THE-COLOURS-OF-THE-RAINNNBBOOOWWWWW 'sparklecreatures', but, even with that; if there is a character that is somewhat of a sparkle-creature; who am I to judge? It's /their/ character,  not /mine/; if I don't like it? I'll keep my mouth shut and move on ~

I really don't see the problem with it. Unless it's eye-strain; but blocking/not looking seems to be the cure for that! O:

Offline Emerelda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • My art on deviant art
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 12:37:06 am »
Kerrigan how about when you leave a pack cuz they left you out then try to offend u by banning u. lol this happened to my friend it doesn't bother me but that sounds like a sparkle dog thing from ur description XD

to see more of my art go to http://emerald-glaceon.deviantart.com/

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:37 am »
I dunno, I like sparkledogs as long as they're well designed and have a color scheme that makes sense~

I'm not a big fan of the ones that have random, highly saturated colors...

But yeah, I've had someone call Rika a sparklecat, which I dunno, I never considered her one. What do you guys think?
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:33 am »
Well, if it's species is supposed to be something like an ordinary housecat then it's definately sparkly, no offense XD;

Offline SpazWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • sHE WAS jusT anotHEr ONE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 02:35:52 am »
Are sparkle dogs bad?

Jasmine STC

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:21 am »
Well, if it's species is supposed to be something like an ordinary housecat then it's definately sparkly, no offense XD;
She's a big cat actually XD And honestly I had no particular species in mind when making her~
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 02:44:59 am »
Are sparkle dogs bad?
Depends who you're talking to. As with everything there are people who like something and people who don't. People who like them won't find them bad, people who don't will find them bad.

I personally find them bad because they're so horribly coloured and unnatural. HOWEVER, the ones that aren't so extreme and eyeburny are tolerable and I don't mind them.

Scenecritters I just flat out dislike.

She's a big cat actually XD And honestly I had no particular species in mind when making her~

Oh ok XD

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 05:08:36 am »
I could say gabrielle is a sparkledog but she's not, her colors are dulled down and pretty, + her only accessory is a pink scarf, she was originally a beauceron. she's literally
http://parasiteeve.wikia.com/wiki/Gabrielle_Monsigny
as a feral canine, because i adore gabby, but her colors are the closest to sparkledog as any of my characters get.

I consider sparkledogs any eyeblinding feral canine character with a color scheme that doesn't work/contrasts too much. such as pink/green/yellow.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Cosmoscanine

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 10:42:21 am »
As somebody whose feral characters are pretty much all unnatural colors and markings, I have a line between what constitutes as just a fantasy critter and a full-blown sparkledog.

I don't mind oddly-colored characters, nor do I mind ones with elaborate patterns on their fur, or even the odd accessory or two as long as it doesn't look like it came from Hot Topic and has a logical explanation to go along with it. It can be very pretty and interesting when colors that don't occur on existing mammals get put onto fictional mammal characters, along with differentiating features such as uniquely shaped tails and ears or extra tufts of fur. Realism bores me, and I like to see all the neat and exciting things people do to break it.

What I do mind is when somebody's characters look like the 70s somehow condensed itself into a fuzzy animal, or like a blacklight poster climbed off of a stoner's wall and walked away, or make me feel like I drank an entire lava lamp before looking at them. I also don't understand how or why it became a thing to put human clothing and hairstyles on a four-legged clearly not-human character. Basically, if my eyes take on minds of their own and desperately try to escape their own sockets, I'm looking at what I consider a sparklebeast.

I'd lump tired and overdone color schemes like red on black in with it as well, but I'm a lot more tolerable of that than I am of critters made entirely out of sidewalk chalk.

Offline Sirana

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »
I think the entire sparkle dog rule is redonculous! The people who make are just creative and are getting bored of all the realistic colors. Some ppl use sparkle dogs as an excuse to swear and do rape  on FH which i don't support. And ppl (most of the time) will most of the time persecute them, chase them out when they aren't supposed to and troll them! The sparkle dog motto is: REALISTIC SUCKS
Which sometimes it tends to
A proud member of Omada Mazi http://omada-mazi.proboards.com/index.cgi