Author Topic: Feare Brewster, the Preterali  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Feare Brewster, the Preterali
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:18:39 am »

Name:
Feare Brewster

Approximately two and three-quarters as measured by human-years.

Species:
The Preterali (derived from the English word "preternatural", meaning something unusual or out of the ordinary course of nature) are a rare species of tenuous numbers, belonging intrinsically to no particular species, but rather a whole menagerie of different animal types along the vast spectrum of tetrapods. What defines the Preterali from other animal types are multifarious genetic traits shared with other species seemingly at random - the most notable of such being varied markings. Due to the obfuscated genetic make-up of their species, Preterali are either more inclined to aggression and obstreperous behaviour, or the antipode - to diffidence, and ofttimes cordiality when the prior is not capable of being maintained.

Personality:
A Preterali of the ambiguous sort, Feare is easily frustrated and is quick to show anger, but is also quick to mend wounds inflicted and apologise if she causes any harm to others as a subsequent result of her inclinations. She is generally highly affable to those whom don't go out of their way to upset her, and is highly sentimental to kind people - ofttimes to the point of being classified by her peers as "maudlin and mawkish". She is fond of learning new things, so long as she finds the information to be useful and pertinent, and she despises ignorance - especially the type which begets folly and allows a panjandrum to become a despot in their own respect. The friends she keeps are few, and she sections off everyone else as "acquaintances", often saying that "Most people whom we chance across in this world are such, and true friends are exceedingly rare - even more so these days."

Basic background:
Feare was chanced across, by pure happenstance, by a migrant pack of wolves. They had found her shivering alone in a ditch and, addled as to what she was and whether or not the good fortune of the gods would go awry should they take in such a creature, decided to leave her there; of course, not without quarrel betwixt two of the higher-ranking individuals. A few days later, after having struggled to stay alive and feeding off the desiccated vegetation which was ubiquitous in that area, one of the aforementioned individuals of the pack returned and located her, with a bit of effort, weeping by a nearby mass of talus - her cries being the only cynosure which lead him to her. Upon finding her, he took her into care without hesitation and to the pack, whose opinions of the new member were far from unanimous, but notwithstanding had tendencies to be along the lines of "An accurst slight to nature!" - at least by the more boorish members. Those whom did comfort her were seldom yet wise; the primary impetus for her philosophy of friends juxtaposed against acquaintances, and the large margin which exists between the two.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:06:26 am by Sir_Anathema »

Offline marzishadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Tumble Mouse
    • View Profile
    • Marzi's DeviantArt
Re: Feare Brewster, the Preterali
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »
Very unique and creative creature. Very nice.
? Proud Scorpio  ?

Marzi, The Tumble Mouse

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:34 pm »
Very unique and creative creature. Very nice.
Well asante! or thanks, as it is in English. :3

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 04:12:26 am »
I personally think this is one of the bet bios I've read in a while. The vocabulary and creativity is just extravagant, and the way you told about your characters personality was so descriptively presented; well done ^^ I hope  characters and too see more characters here; each presented with the talent you displayed here. Thank you for sharing your gift of descriptive writing  with those on the forum.
-Love-
Bloody Rabbit >:P

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:14:03 am »
sorry grammar error :( (bet is suppose to be best) T.T I think it's a sign the I need to get some rest ^^ nighty night. :P

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 07:48:27 am »
sorry grammar error :( (bet is suppose to be best) T.T I think it's a sign the I need to get some rest ^^ nighty night. :P
rofl, that's fine - and thanks for the comment! :D

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »
Lol. Yeah it was 4:35 am when I posted that ^^ Anyways your welcome.

Offline rexline

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:15:12 pm »
Haha! Cool the back ground