Author Topic: -|Shrik|-  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Live in the present, strive for the future.
    • View Profile
-|Shrik|-
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »
Name:Sharvic
Nickname:Shrik
Pack:None
Mate:None
Pups:None
Breed:Mutt
Personality: Shrik is a very laid back mutt, he is also very cunning. He never will attack you head on, not unless it's part of a larger plot. Though he is a small dog, that does not make him any less powerful, or deadly. He rarely approaches strangers however if he is called out he is not one to run from a fight. Once you get to know him though he can be a kind, and caring dog.
Story: Shrik was born on the cold harsh streets of human society. If surviving as a street dog wasn't hard enough he was also the runt of his litter. His litter-mates always tormented him, they stole his food, and gave him many scars. Shrik endured this for most of his pup-hood, until one day when he finally lost his temper. He lunged out at one of his antagonists and killed him. He remembers ever night there after standing there, with his brother's body at his feet and his blood dripping from him muzzle. His pack then shunned him from it. He learned the ins and outs of of street life. He learned which stores to go to for easy meals, and which ones to stay away from. Not yet though had his cunning developed, for he hadn't need of it. He did not quite understand which cars to stay away from, and as such he did not yet know to stay away from dog catcher's cars. He learned the hard way, and was thrown into the pound. Though he had learned his lesson of the cars, it had been too late. Unlike so many others in the pound that had been taken away he was not taken to be put down, or given to loving hands. No, he was given to a group of men specializing in the trade of fight dogs. Shrik was a medium sized dog, and was scrawny as could be but they saw a dog that might be of some entertainment, but most of all they saw his cheap price. So he was taken by these men, and put in what they called the pit. Shrik was rather confused at first, he did not understand what he was to do in this "pit" all that was there was him, and another dog. The other dog looked to be about Shrik's size, but he was obviously much more built then he was. The dog lunged at Shrik the moment the gate had closed behind him. Shrik was shocked, but instinct took over and he dodged the other dog's attack. Unlike the other dog Shrik waited patiently, dodging his antagonist's attacks and deciding upon what to do. After a while the other dog grew furious, his attacks became sloppy and misplaced in his utter rage. That was when Shrik finally struck him, the brute was shocked, so many times before had he lunged at the dog and so many time before he hadn't the slightest hint of wanting to fight back, yet now he felt Shrik's jaws around his throat. Shrik threw down the corpse and looked around at the cheering and wooting humans, he now knew what his purpose was here. He may not have liked it but he was to send many more dog's like this to their graves. For four more years he thrived in the pits, he had grown into a dog to be feared. He had a well built figure, despite his small size, and he was quick on his feet. He also had also learned to use cunning just as much as fervor, few dog's that had fought him ever learned to tell the tale. His body became littered in scars, and his his head as well. Eventually though the dog fighting club was shut down, and the dogs taken away. Shrik however was not willing to come once he had been taken from his kennel, he had lost his faith in humans. He snarled at them and darted off, back into the streets. He continued to travel in them for a while, until he found what looked to him like a park. However this place was no park, this was the great unknown, it was a forest. Shrik eagerly ran into it. His world was redefined that day, he no longer was in a place of simplicity. Now he was in a even harsher world then he had left. He learned to be more weary then he had been, he also learned how to hunt. The forest polished his figure, he no longer looked simply like a dog built for nothing other then fighting, he had the look of a dog built for survival. He learned of wolves, and what their roles were in the forest. He learned they were creatures to be weary of and to submit rather then bare teeth at. Though he had fought and won many battles with wolves in the pits he was not eager to fight with them again, for these wolves did not fight alone. He saw them as they hunted and he knew that attacking one would result in similar consequence. So he left the creatures alone, to do as they wished. And since then he had been on his own, no longer the creature we know as a dog. Maybe in breed, maybe in body, but he acts far more like a wolf then any dog we know today.
<--The Hunt-->

Life is the great hunt. We are both hunted and
hunters, hunting and being hunted for love, life, and
happiness...

Offline Larka13

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
Re: -|Shrik|-
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:37 pm »
Awesome bio! It's very detailed, I like it!

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 02:54:37 am »
Thank you Ember, glad to have another bio that is to your liking :)
<--The Hunt-->

happiness...

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 06:34:17 am »
Good bio + good history = great character. Love it how well you explained the transition into a feral dog with such a interesting backstory.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:21:24 pm »
<--The Hunt-->

happiness...

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »
xD No problem. I'll be sure to keep an eye on any other bios you post.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Ghostsundermybed

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
Personality: Shrik is a very laid back mutt, he is also very cunning. He never will attack you head on, not unless it's part of a larger plot. Though he is a small dog, that does not make him any less powerful, or deadly. He rarely approaches strangers however if he is called out he is not one to run from a fight. Once you get to know him though he can be a kind, and caring dog.
<I don't like to intrude on personalities- but this seems kind-of out of it- judging from his history. Dogs require companionship (often found in humans), so if he has been living on his own for so long, then he'd be a bit bitter. His history sounds scaring and mentally threatening- so he'd have to have probably become much 'colder' (excuse the relative term.) In order to overcome such an unstable past- or be a bit nutso in the attic, if you catch my drift. Sorry for being so critical. I apologise for anything that upsets you.>

History: Shrik was born on the cold harsh streets of human society.
If surviving as a street dog wasn't hard enough he was also the runt of his litter. His litter-mates always tormented him, they stole his food, and gave him many scars. Shrik endured this for most of his pup-hood, until one day when he finally lost his temper. He lunged out at one of his antagonists and killed him. He remembers ever night there after standing there, with his brother's body at his feet and his blood dripping from him muzzle. His pack
<I'm not really sure if mutts can form packs. Any human living in the vicinity might notice this dangerous 'grouping' habit. While dogs do value company, they have not been known to form working family groups among eachother with the same strength and organisation as a wolf-born canine. They WILL seek companionship, and form groups but there would be no set 'leader', more like loose routs. I hate to be such a stickler for details. And maybe I'm just making too big of a deal out of a paraphrasing, but maybe all this needs is a re-wording.>
   then shunned him from it.
all I would suggest is being shunned by his mother/parents/siblings instead- unless this 'pack' was an underground thing, and was meticulously organised to destroy any traces of a group to prevent suspicion.>  
He learned the ins and outs of of street life. He learned which stores to go to for easy meals, and which ones to stay away from.
Not yet though had his cunning developed, for he hadn't need of it. He did not quite understand which cars to stay away from, and as such he did not yet know to stay away from dog catcher's cars. He learned the hard way, and was thrown into the pound. Though he had learned his lesson of the cars, it had been too late. Unlike so many others in the pound that had been taken away he was not taken to be put down, or given to loving hands. No, he was given to a group of men specializing in the trade of fight dogs.
Shrik was a medium sized dog, and was scrawny as could be but they saw a dog that might be of some entertainment, but most of all they saw his cheap price. So he was taken by these men, and put in what they called the pit. Shrik was rather confused at first, he did not understand what he was to do in this "pit" all that was there was him, and another dog. The other dog looked to be about Shrik's size, but he was obviously much more built then he was. The dog lunged at Shrik the moment the gate had closed behind him. Shrik was shocked, but instinct took over and he dodged the other dog's attack. Unlike the other dog Shrik waited patiently, dodging his antagonist's attacks and deciding upon what to do. After a while the other dog grew furious, his attacks became sloppy and misplaced in his utter rage.
That was when Shrik finally struck him, the brute was shocked, so many times before had he lunged at the dog and so many time before he hadn't the slightest hint of wanting to fight back, yet now he felt Shrik's jaws around his throat.
 Shrik threw down the corpse and looked around at the cheering and yowling humans, he now knew what his purpose was here.
He may not have liked it but he was to send many more dog's like this to their graves. For four more years he thrived in the pits, he had grown into a dog to be feared. He had a well built figure, despite his small size, and he was quick on his feet. He also had also learned to use cunning just as much as fervor, few dogs that had fought him ever learned to tell the tale.
His body became littered in scars, and his his head as well. Eventually though the dog fighting club was shut down, and the dogs taken away. Shrik, however was not willing to come once he had been taken from his kennel, he had lost faith in humans. He snarled at them and darted off, back into the streets. He continued to travel in them for a while, until he found what looked to him like a park. However this place was no park, this was the great unknown, it was a forest. Shrik eagerly ran into it. His world was redefined that day, he no longer was in a place of simplicity. Now he was in a even harsher world then he had left. He learned to be more weary then he had been, he also learned how to hunt. The forest polished his figure, he no longer looked simply like a dog built for nothing other then fighting, he had the look of a dog built for survival. He learned of wolves, and what their roles were in the forest. He learned they were creatures to be weary of and to submit rather then bare teeth at. Though he had fought and won many battles with wolves
<I don't really think this is plausible. A human would not actively and willingly seek to capture a wolf [especially one that runs a dog fight ring] nor would they likely be able to without the use of special equipment. Nor would they find a lone wolf easily- as they are prone to travel in packs for security and an easier lifestyle- as well as having a 'pack mentality'. Any wolf they found outside of a pack would likely be very insane, sick, or old. I  really don't want to be rude or offend you if you think I'm criticising your character.> in the pits he was not eager to fight with them again, for these wolves did not fight alone. He saw them as they hunted and he knew that attacking one would result in similar consequence. So he left the creatures alone, to do as they wished. And since then he had been on his own, no longer the creature we know as a dog. Maybe in breed, maybe in body, but he acts far more like a wolf then any dog we know today.
<
I's a very nice character, and the idea overall is very nice, except for a few inaccuracies you might want to maybe dwell on- but it seems like a pretty good character, and you're definitely on the right track there.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:50:16 pm by Ghostsundermybed »

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »
<I don't like to intrude on personalities- but this seems kind-of out of it- judging from his history. Dogs require companionship (often found in humans), so if he has been living on his own for so long, then he'd be a bit bitter. His history sounds scaring and mentally threatening- so he'd have to have probably become much 'colder' (excuse the relative term.) In order to overcome such an unstable past- or be a bit nutso in the attic, if you catch my drift. Sorry for being so critical. I apologise for anything that upsets you.>
- I do know cases where a wolf has been on his own, for quite some time, without becoming "nutso in the attic" And he has become colder, I mearly wrote once you get to know him he can become kinder to you. Though he may have been a loner, I did not entirly state that he never socialized with other dogs, or humans for that matter.-

History: Shrik was born on the cold harsh streets of human society.
If surviving as a street dog wasn't hard enough he was also the runt of his litter. His litter-mates always tormented him, they stole his food, and gave him many scars. Shrik endured this for most of his pup-hood, until one day when he finally lost his temper. He lunged out at one of his antagonists and killed him. He remembers ever night there after standing there, with his brother's body at his feet and his blood dripping from him muzzle. His pack
<I'm not really sure if mutts can form packs. Any human living in the vicinity might notice this dangerous 'grouping' habit. While dogs do value company, they have not been known to form working family groups among eachother with the same strength and organisation as a wolf-born canine. They WILL seek companionship, and form groups but there would be no set 'leader', more like loose routs. I hate to be such a stickler for details. And maybe I'm just making too big of a deal out of a paraphrasing, but maybe all this needs is a re-wording.>
-In this I was more referring to his pack, as his family. Though it may not be a large pack, I do believe he would have considered them to be part of his pack.-
   then shunned him from it.
all I would suggest is being shunned by his mother/parents/siblings instead- unless this 'pack' was an underground thing, and was meticulously organised to destroy any traces of a group to prevent suspicion.>  
He learned the ins and outs of of street life. He learned which stores to go to for easy meals, and which ones to stay away from.
Not yet though had his cunning developed, for he hadn't need of it. He did not quite understand which cars to stay away from, and as such he did not yet know to stay away from dog catcher's cars. He learned the hard way, and was thrown into the pound. Though he had learned his lesson of the cars, it had been too late. Unlike so many others in the pound that had been taken away he was not taken to be put down, or given to loving hands. No, he was given to a group of men specializing in the trade of fight dogs.
Shrik was a medium sized dog, and was scrawny as could be but they saw a dog that might be of some entertainment, but most of all they saw his cheap price. So he was taken by these men, and put in what they called the pit. Shrik was rather confused at first, he did not understand what he was to do in this "pit" all that was there was him, and another dog. The other dog looked to be about Shrik's size, but he was obviously much more built then he was. The dog lunged at Shrik the moment the gate had closed behind him. Shrik was shocked, but instinct took over and he dodged the other dog's attack. Unlike the other dog Shrik waited patiently, dodging his antagonist's attacks and deciding upon what to do. After a while the other dog grew furious, his attacks became sloppy and misplaced in his utter rage.
That was when Shrik finally struck him, the brute was shocked, so many times before had he lunged at the dog and so many time before he hadn't the slightest hint of wanting to fight back, yet now he felt Shrik's jaws around his throat.
 Shrik threw down the corpse and looked around at the cheering and yowling humans, he now knew what his purpose was here.
He may not have liked it but he was to send many more dog's like this to their graves. For four more years he thrived in the pits, he had grown into a dog to be feared. He had a well built figure, despite his small size, and he was quick on his feet. He also had also learned to use cunning just as much as fervor, few dogs that had fought him ever learned to tell the tale.
His body became littered in scars, and his his head as well. Eventually though the dog fighting club was shut down, and the dogs taken away. Shrik, however was not willing to come once he had been taken from his kennel, he had lost faith in humans. He snarled at them and darted off, back into the streets. He continued to travel in them for a while, until he found what looked to him like a park. However this place was no park, this was the great unknown, it was a forest. Shrik eagerly ran into it. His world was redefined that day, he no longer was in a place of simplicity. Now he was in a even harsher world then he had left. He learned to be more weary then he had been, he also learned how to hunt. The forest polished his figure, he no longer looked simply like a dog built for nothing other then fighting, he had the look of a dog built for survival. He learned of wolves, and what their roles were in the forest. He learned they were creatures to be weary of and to submit rather then bare teeth at. Though he had fought and won many battles with wolves
<I don't really think this is plausible. A human would not actively and willingly seek to capture a wolf [especially one that runs a dog fight ring] nor would they likely be able to without the use of special equipment. Nor would they find a lone wolf easily- as they are prone to travel in packs for security and an easier lifestyle- as well as having a 'pack mentality'. Any wolf they found outside of a pack would likely be very insane, sick, or old. I  really don't want to be rude or offend you if you think I'm criticising your character.>
-They could simply steal the wolf from a zoo, or something of the sort. Or they could probally find some one that would be willing to track down, and capture a wolf.-
 in the pits he was not eager to fight with them again, for these wolves did not fight alone. He saw them as they hunted and he knew that attacking one would result in similar consequence. So he left the creatures alone, to do as they wished. And since then he had been on his own, no longer the creature we know as a dog. Maybe in breed, maybe in body, but he acts far more like a wolf then any dog we know today.
<
I's a very nice character, and the idea overall is very nice, except for a few inaccuracies you might want to maybe dwell on- but it seems like a pretty good character, and you're definitely on the right track there.
Thank you for your criticism, and for the compliment. I do like having my works questioned, just so long as it is with reasoning, and facts. (as yours was) hope to see you around in the forums :)
<--The Hunt-->

happiness...

Ghostsundermybed

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »
Well, you're welcome then. As I said, everything looks fairly solid- and maybe just a quick re-explanation or re-wording is in order. Be a touch more specific with the personality and just, generally include everything else you said to me. Good job.

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »
I shall try to be :) +floof for you
<--The Hunt-->

happiness...