Author Topic: Exported Preset Problem  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Exported Preset Problem
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:06 am »
Hey there,
I am having a problem with viewing a friend's exported preset. I've had experience with this so it's not like it's new to me. It has worked in the past. They can see their preset on their character just fine and sent me the fhp preset exported file. The file that they gave to me is in the presets folder and everything. I had this friend over today, and we opened up two FeralHearts on my computer. One we logged in on their account and on the other mine. We both met up in South Pole. On the FH window with their username logged in, you could clearly see the preset but on the window logged in under me, I couldn't see it from my account. The issue is problematic and frustrating because I have never had an issue viewing a preset file in the past and now it just isn't working for me. If you have a solution, please comment below and thank you for your assistance.

MorgraWolf
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Exported Preset Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »
Hey Morgra
I had been having this same exact problem for months now and I understand you totally it is very frustrating especially because you know you're doing everything right. I was giving my fhp file to all my friends and when they'd export it they would never see it although I could see it on myself perfectly fine. After many failed attempts to share my preset for others to see I finally got to the root of the problem.
I was logging in as morbiddecadence instead of as MorbidDecadence and exporting my preset as morbiddecadence therefore getting a morbiddecadence_2.fhp instead of a MorbidDecadence_2.fhp It seems that Feral Heart is very picky about your log in name when it comes to sharing presets. Tell your friend to delete the exported fhp file in the "presets" folder now and instead to log in as the exact name that they signed up on the forum as and reexport. Chances are that your friend has been typing some variation of their original username to log in rather than using the exact username they signed up for. And yes caps or no caps of specific letters is very important as it was in my case with morbiddecadence & MorbidDecadence.
Once your friend does that the new fhp file should work. Goodluck :)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:19 pm »
LordSuragaha,
Thanks a bunch. We got it to work. Turns out we just needed one capital letter on it to work. I have heard of this issue before with the capitalizations being a minor problem in preset exports, but I forgot about it when dealing with this. Thanks again for your help. We aren't seeing any problems now. ^^ +floof
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »
You're welcome Morgra. I'm glad you guys got it sorted out and thank you. Have fun :)