Author Topic: Animations help getting them in game  (Read 1232 times)

Offline ObsidianBlade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Animations help getting them in game
« on: August 30, 2020, 07:06:40 pm »
Hello I am trying to test out some animations I made in game but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them in.

I have the blender extension for converting into ogre .mesh files working/in blender  but I can't get the mesh-to-xtml (text) tool from ogre working.

I didn't modify all of the animations and the run cycle I made is under a different name. I need to copy/paste the animations over to the new feralheart mesh files so the game dosen't crash because of the new tail slider and because of the run animation I made. However I have no way of converting my mesh files into text files that I can edit because I can't figure out how to install ogre. Everything I have tried has failed.

Is there anyone I can send my mesh files to fix them for me or is there anyone who can help me out by sending me a fully compiled/built ogre so that I can do it myself and tweak the animations as needed?

I can't get the converter to run properly either and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I get an .xml formatted skeleton file with one animation in it when there should be several animations.
I'm using a newer version of the converter that's compatible with blender 2.8 because the older version does not recognize I have python installed (newer versions of blender have python packaged with blender) and I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.

I got the xml converter tool from another user on here but whenever I try to run the command prompt it crashes without letting me type in any commands.

I'm struggling with all of this, I'm happy to send my .blend files to anyone who can help.

Much appreciated -
ObsidianBlade
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:52:18 pm by ObsidianBlade »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Animations help getting them in game
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 09:47:00 pm »
I only have a short window of time to reply due to having to head back into work, but once I get back or sometime tomorrow I can either (attempt to) send you my working version of blender that I use, as well as what you'll need to have your animations work with the game, or you can just shoot me your files and I can convert them myself for ya. Or I can do both if you'd like.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline ObsidianBlade

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 10:04:22 pm »
Thank you so much! If you have time let's try both, I'll dm you the .blend file.

There are two run animations, 'Run' and 'F Run.001', 'Run' is the correct one/the one I animated.
I only edited the Run, walk, crawl, crouch idle, standing idle, jump and fall if that makes things easier for you.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 05:01:18 pm »
Alright... Unfortunately I have some bad news. I was unable to get your animations (which are beautiful by the way) to work with the game. I got them converted, however, the game will not accept the file and just crashes upon loading them.

The unfortunate thing about wanting to make animations for FeralHeart is you need/is highly recommended that you use an older version of blender, and generally the hunt for that version, as well as the bells and whistles (ogre converter and getting python to register) you need along with it is a complete hassle (I've wrestled with it myself...not fun). I do have some good news on this, however. I do have that version of blender that can convert correctly, as well as a xml converter that hasn't crashed on me. I am more than happy to send you that version of blender and the xml converter if you'd like. I do warn though: If you try to import your animations to it that you worked with in a newer version of blender, it won't retain your work so you'll have to redo them. I learned that one the hard way TuT;;

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline ObsidianBlade

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 05:43:29 pm »
Thank you for trying! Could you send me your copy ob blender and the xml converter so I can try to mess with them? Could you also try sending me the .skeleton (or is it .mesh) file you generated so I can try and mess with it?

Otherwise I can remake the animations better than before.

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
Sorry for the late reply! Got caught up in some things. I will definitely send blender and the files I got out of the original export over when I'm able to.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations