Author Topic: 24-Hour Ban, Apple Computer  (Read 1075 times)

Laeko_Randalis

24-Hour Ban, Apple Computer
« on: June 26, 2011, 06:15:20 am »
My girlfriend and I both use computers running Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard).  There is one issue that repeatedly causes problems: an identical ban against the two of us--typically 10-20 hours, which presumably starts as a 24 hour ban.

At my house we use a wireless network provided by Windstream--my girlfriend always brings her laptop with her when she comes to visit; however, she never runs FeralHeart while she's here (nor do I).  What we've noticed is that not only do we always get banned at the same time/for the same amount of time, but further, these bans only ever seem to occur on days in which she visits.

What usually happens is, after she's gone home, when we each try to log in, we'll both discover that we've been banned for the exact same amount of time.  My girlfriend seems to recall reading about macs experiencing random bans, but neither of us seem to be able to find anything about this (having tried both Google and searching the forums).

After having this happen on multiple occasions, and finding I had been banned before my girlfriend made it home one evening, I warned her before she tried to log on, at which point she restarted her computer, hoping it would help, before attempting to log onto FH.  She was still banned for the exact amount of time as I was. We're not sure what else to try.  I'm hoping someone can at least shed some light as to why this seems to be happening, and possibly any possible solutions.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:19:00 am by Vairwyn »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: 24-Hour Ban, Apple Computer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 06:20:44 am »
This problem occurs with Macs a lot. Since FH isn't exactly compatible with Mac, there are often glitches/errors, things like this.

A Mac version for FH is coming, although, not quite knows when.