Author Topic: The cursed lioness, Malkia  (Read 2644 times)

QueenMalkia

The cursed lioness, Malkia
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »
"I am no beast... I am a warrior... or, was at least, I've fought many great battles, defeating monsters bigger than the mountains you see on these lands. I was a great warrior indeed, slaying demons, monsters, and anything of the like was my life. After all, our warrior heritage had been passed down for centuries, I was taught to fight from my father, my father was taught to fight by his father, and so on. We were all born to fight, wether it being through being a mercenary or to simply being a soldier, we were all warriors.
As a proud young female warrior, I had always tried to become the very best, and I did become the best. I was proficient in blades, proficient in long-range weaponry, proficient in hand-to-hand, and well, pretty much anything that involved violence. I have to admit, that I became a bit of a jerk, and also, I became very jealous person whenever someone showed to be more skilled than I am. There was one time where someone did manage to defeat me in a sparring match.
My pride damaged, it was only a matter of time before I eventually became very bitter and vengeful.
Once that point came, I became so jealous that I had sold my soul to a demonic god just for the power to be immortal.
Just to live forever, just to be able to survive longer than usual and just to have faster reflexes. And with that power, I got my revenge.
The contract was that I would gain immortality in return for living the rest of my life as a vagabond, unable to make bonds with anyone, after all, that creature didn't want to have a soul with care and any sort of selfless happiness and empathy. Empty souls were what gave it power.
After many seasons, I was living quite a decent life, filled with much monster slaying and with money. But, although my soul belonged to a demon now, my heart remained with me. I longed for friendship, even if I didn't realize it at the time. Eventually, I met a friend.
Oh what a dear that friend was, he was an amazing friend, he and I traveled for merely a day, and we became the closest of friends. My heart could not help but to bond. Meanwhile, the demon sensed my soul suddenly light up in pure happiness. Not the dark happiness of greed and fulfilled lust, but the happiness of sharing hearts.
Then within a minute, this powerful demon came up between us, flayed my dear friend alive with a single swipe of its large claws, and bared its teeth at me. It was then when I remembered the contract, and it was then when it was too late, I had violated the contract, and now I was about to pay consequence.
The demon, instead of ending my life like how I expected and hoped for, suddenly transformed me into...a lioness. It laughed at me. It's menacing laugh continues to echo in my ears, even now I hear it. It banished me far away into a land, telling me that now I may live forever, but as a beast, a beast that will eventually get captured, tortured, then tossed away. A beast that a warrior like me, will one day slay.
But, this was all a long time ago, and to this day, I still live. With my pride and hope as a former, no, not a former, still a warrior,  I now hope to one day return to my true form, and slay that demon who left my life in ruin. When that day comes, I will finally be able to rest in peace.."

The Story Behind the Story

What helped me come up with this story? Well, it's actually based on true events.

Not long ago, I myself, was in a way, a warrior, a warrior in a game called Vindictus. In this game, I did, indeed fight things bigger than the mountains of this game, and I was awesome. But, after a couple of weeks, a rival eventually passed me. When he did, I grew kinda angry. I went off to the internet, and learned how to hack Vindictus. Within a week, I had surpassed my friend, gaining my revenge. The rule of hacking, however, prohibits any mention of it to anyone, and since the game tells other players of my progress, I didn't want anyone noticing anything suspicious as to how I was suddenly progressing so quickly. So I erased all my friends and continued profit. Hacks, unfortunatly, don't last forever. Vindictus was patched, and I had realized a bit too late that I was relying on the hacks too much, so my skills had rusted.
I wanted to see if I could get better by practice, but I couldn't, by that point I had advanced on levels way too high for me to do alone. Eventually, my guild members noticed that I was acting a bit, unhappy, a bit, upset. It wasn't long till I confessed to not playing legitly. I had broken the rule of hacking. I had to face the consequence.
Although my guild mates forgave me, I still left anyways. I broke the rule.
Now, I am a FH player, sorta trapped as one...maybe one day I will find my return to Vindictus..
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:06:44 am by Malkia »

Offline Toxik

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Don't gaze into the eyes of the demon...."
    • View Profile
Re: The cursed lioness, Malkia
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:10:49 pm »
Love the writing technique.
Very good choice in words,
These are the kinds of things i LOVE to read often.

Absolutely love it! <3
"Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you."

Offline Bad Luck

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:21:12 am »
Scourge said much of what I planned on saying. xD

I usually hate the backgrounds that people develop for their characters, but this one is actually quite interesting.

Offline Feral

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:01 am »
That's a awesome story.

Normally just like luck I hate the background stories for most people's characters due to them being mostly all the same, or being rather shallow, but this one is just epic.

It's made even more interesting by the fact that it's based on true events.
I no longer play feral hearts, and have since moved on to different things.

Also please do not send me messages asking me to be your fake virtual BF/GF on FH it's annoying, and plus it makes you look like an idiot kthx bye.

This is my harsh opinion; if you annoy me about it I will probably ignore, and block you ok? ok

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »
This is absolutely fabulous Malkia :D! I love the writing style and the story. I hope to read more from you... and hey maybe even meet you in game :)!

Offline Blackhowlingwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 02:17:26 am »
Nice wording, very good and thought out. This is what makes a good character :D