Author Topic: Improving The Site.  (Read 2013 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Improving The Site.
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:58 pm »
Improving The Site...

Many users in this game have told me that this site is going to become improved but it doesn't seem like that anything is going on because all of the moderators seem to be down. So.. Here's what I think that we can do to improve it. First things first, the moderators can create a blank website which is brand new and it will have instructions for the game (manual), The things at the forum etc. When a user wants to post what they want they can do anything they want with there own personal site. That way, no body can start hacking each other as they can block some parts by reading personal stuff. A full local site doesn't always make someone safe anyway.

By replacing the forum at this website, we can keep it as "News" and other things like rules. I tried to think of a way to make more space for entering and thats why we need more space at this site, less lag will began. That's what I THINK...Lags usually come from items and meshes. (Items and meshes were most voted when I asked people on the game). We can't cancel radio for a reason(s), first thing that I know that everybody pays attention to the game. Second thing, people like to stay attached with news and the forum. Plus if we can, we can add radio to the users own personal website so we can make more space from preventing lag.

I think download will stay on the local website because everyone wants to download it if its there first time coming, you get me right? Because if we want to put it on peoples personal website that wouldn't make much sense now would it? I'm sad that Kovu left the site and wished that he would stay because the site would be better with more updates, he was the one responsible for the updates but his busy these days and made a little fuss but I got to keep that aside for now.

Thats all that I have got so far, if you have anything extra please added here.

Ritat ~ Your Life Saver! c:

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Improving The Site.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »
Wait sorry, when I read it again the radio part should be that "It can be cancelled."

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »
Well, by improving the site it looks to be that you're talking about effectively uprooting the bulk of it to another location.

The reason I don't think this is a very good idea is because our site, where it is, is really functioning quite well, and there aren't any dire needs to move it elsewhere. There can always be improvement, but this manner of things is a huge process to achieve the results we currently have right now.

You brought up the point of some moderators becoming less active (which is true, since real life has gotten to some of them, as it does all of us), but at the same time, going through all of the work to uproot this site, and move everything, everyone, disconnect the main game server from this site, and reinstalling it into another main site, and then dealing with getting users to re-make their accounts on this other sites (since accounts are processed through the site itself) would be even more work for an even larger staff team.

With our current situation, and business already working on moving and maintaining threads and boards here on this site, it would really be more work than it's worth, and would be more attention drawn away from the game itself.
Plus, with Razmirz and Red being the main ones having to deal with making a whole new forum, it would also be a very slow process, and it could even end up with the game itself being down for weeks, depending on how long it would take for Raz to move the server to another site. These guys have a lot to do in real life, as well.

While the consideration for trying to help around is commendable, I don't think this is something we truly need right now.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »
Well, by improving the site it looks to be that you're talking about effectively uprooting the bulk of it to another location.

The reason I don't think this is a very good idea is because our site, where it is, is really functioning quite well, and there aren't any dire needs to move it elsewhere. There can always be improvement, but this manner of things is a huge process to achieve the results we currently have right now.

You brought up the point of some moderators becoming less active (which is true, since real life has gotten to some of them, as it does all of us), but at the same time, going through all of the work to uproot this site, and move everything, everyone, disconnect the main game server from this site, and reinstalling it into another main site, and then dealing with getting users to re-make their accounts on this other sites (since accounts are processed through the site itself) would be even more work for an even larger staff team.

With our current situation, and business already working on moving and maintaining threads and boards here on this site, it would really be more work than it's worth, and would be more attention drawn away from the game itself.
Plus, with Razmirz and Red being the main ones having to deal with making a whole new forum, it would also be a very slow process, and it could even end up with the game itself being down for weeks, depending on how long it would take for Raz to move the server to another site. These guys have a lot to do in real life, as well.

While the consideration for trying to help around is commendable, I don't think this is something we truly need right now.

Oh finally a mod reponded, thank you. :3 and yes, I guess you are right. It would be slow because some mods don't have time to rush in things from real life, I guess we all have to be patient then. ^.^ I just can't thank you enough for telling me this, now I know when they will do this :).

Offline Fightilldust

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »
This is overall a very good website and contains many threads posted by the users but i must agree that the staff need to be more active.There is a problem with too many members joining feral heart and no new members are actually able to create a account and play the game.I am not sure if this problem can be solved by letting more members able to connect on feral heart or not but that most probably needs a stronger server to connect to that costs money i think.