Author Topic: Just a minor tweak  (Read 2276 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Just a minor tweak
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:26:27 am »
 I was thinking, in the mate search area of the forums, things have become kinda jumbled. I blame (not in a mean way) the rising trend of bi/les/gay characters- the current Female and Male boards don't make much sense now in my opinion. I was think it could be changed to "Searching for (Fe)males" or something like that. Just a minor little thing, but I figured I may as well bring it up...

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

lindaminda

Re: Just a minor tweak
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:42:50 am »
Yeah, I think this is a good idea. +floof

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:56:13 pm »
Like Dundee said, that's a great idea!
   Your ideas are awesome, Mocha.
          +floof.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:21:28 pm »
<3  Glad you two like the idea

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »
Nice idea. c: -gives floof-

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »
Hmm, so you're suggesting a "Male-Male" or "Female-Female" board, if I understood this correctly?

I do understand where you're coming from, and after checking into the boards, we do realize that these boards do need a little tidying up. However, even with a community that's even more open to any sort of character pairing, I think that users have still be using our boards fairly well, even if their character is not your typical "male-searching-for-female" heterosexual type.
For example, if you look in our Male Felines board, you can scroll around and see that male felines are searching for [insert character here], be it a female or another male, or just anything.

This said, they're there for the same purpose. The boards are not divided by what each character is searching for, but rather what your character  is (gender-wise), and the secondly who they are searching for. This way, it's also a bit more open for users to specify what it is they're looking for, rather than being confined to choosing a board based on what they want. (Hopefully I explained this clearly).

So this said, I don't think we need an entire male-male or female-female board, since characters of all orientations are already coexisting together, and they can specify what they want by simply stating what gender they're looking for in their own personal thread.

Thank you for the input, though, Mocha. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
Hmm, so you're suggesting a "Male-Male" or "Female-Female" board, if I understood this correctly?

I do understand where you're coming from, and after checking into the boards, we do realize that these boards do need a little tidying up. However, even with a community that's even more open to any sort of character pairing, I think that users have still be using our boards fairly well, even if their character is not your typical "male-searching-for-female" heterosexual type.
For example, if you look in our Male Felines board, you can scroll around and see that male felines are searching for [insert character here], be it a female or another male, or just anything.

This said, they're there for the same purpose. The boards are not divided by what each character is searching for, but rather what your character  is (gender-wise), and the secondly who they are searching for. This way, it's also a bit more open for users to specify what it is they're looking for, rather than being confined to choosing a board based on what they want. (Hopefully I explained this clearly).

So this said, I don't think we need an entire male-male or female-female board, since characters of all orientations are already coexisting together, and they can specify what they want by simply stating what gender they're looking for in their own personal thread.

Thank you for the input, though, Mocha. c:

I see what you mean whitey. :)