Author Topic: New Forum Event Idea~  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
New Forum Event Idea~
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:05:47 am »
Hello, guys. I have an idea for a new forum event. I didn't invent the name, but here is my suggestion.
The new forum event will be hunting. You have to search numbered paws before someone other found all the paws putted somewhere in the forum. You have to collect 30 paws. Or more, idk.

In the content of one thread there are one paw (Example):

You have to be the first who founded all the paws and for end you have to send them to the organizer of the event. I think it will be a staff member, probably. :) There will be awards too for the first three members who founded the 30 paws.

How to patricipate?

30 paws have been placed in different topic of the FH forum. You'll have to explore every corner of the FH forum to find them all.

How to send the location of the paws? (PM)

To: Staff member
Subject: Yournickname FH Hunting
I have found __ paws.
1. Topic - Whoop Whoop, time to sound the Admin Horn - Paw __

This is an example.

And this is my idea. :) Hope you like it.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:25:55 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline *Kawaii Potato*

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Kawaii Potato (Pixel)
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Event Idea~
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
I bet that would be an interestin' idea, darlin'. Maybe it'll happen. c:

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:31:40 pm »
Sounds like a great Idea hun, you should talk to the staff and see if you can get it up and going
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:53:43 pm »
Thanks for the support. I appreciate that~

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:58:40 pm »
I'm actually really interested in this! It is very creative. I haven't heard anything like it before! It would be very interesting to see your idea come to life. Best of luck!

Offline unnbrellas

• Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
This would be neat!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »
Not a very solid idea I'm afraid and a very time consuming one at that which I'm not fully certain the staff should put their time around the boards and site into.

Trying to keep this post somewhat short, I can see that we as a staff would need to take many measures just to avoid having people that cheat on these things, and a things with any hunting/seek thing is that people tend to help each other and just give away the positions just like any other contest in such a manner.

Also count in the time just randomly placing all these things around the board, also save down the locations and eventually remove them all the the contest is done and settled, which threads would we post these in if not only our own? What about checking for pemission for which threads we could post this in? We cannot make any new ones since they'd end up bumped to front, we couldn't lock them since it would make searching easier in some cases, users could very easily bump the threads too. And then we need to have at least one staffer sitting and collecting these and reviewing them.

There's probably more things to this, but I'm afraid I don't quite feel it and how it would work in a way that wouldn't turn out messy. It's a great idea and maybe it can be adapted some way, some how after some thinking, but as it stands right now I'm afraid not.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »
I think all the main threads in the forum are maded by staff members, most from administrators, so what permission o.o There are some rules, too. I'm not sure whether they will be met. They are to not post the locations to any of the hidden paws on the forum. This hunt is for you to do on your own, not as a team. And to not discuss the hints here or anywhere on the forum or asking for them via PM - you will be eliminated. There can be changed rules. I mean why everyone should found all the paws alone? There can be teams of 2-3 players. And there is one more rule: Send your information all at once a time. I can handle all the event. I can review and read all the sended messages, but I was thinking that one staff member can edit one topic even if it is locked. Anyway, really thank you Red for reviewing my thread and replying. I appreciate that you replied and I agree with you. Just in other forums staff members have the power to edit locked threads/topics.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »
I think what he means though is that if we only put the pawprints in posts made by staff members, users could easily go on staff profiles and check their posts, which to me would seem like cheating since it narrows down the search considerably. But then we can't also start putting them in random users posts since they might not appreciate having them there, and henceforth we'd need permission to do so - which would also be very time consuming considering not all members might reply.
And we can edit locked threads it's just that again, it's going to be an advantage to members if we put them only in locked threads because it narrows down the search because they can just go looking through locked posts rather than all of them.
Also with the rules, there's no sure-fire way to know if people are following them by not telling anyone. For all we know people could make massive groups on Skype and do mass searching all at once. I do like this idea, and it does sound quite fun to me honestly but I'm not too sure how well it'd play out on this forum, sorry about that. ^^"
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:18 am »
Now, I totally agree with you guys, Red and Sherlockian. ^^ Like I said in other forums this things was not avaible to be seen like who is posting, who is online and etc ^^ But this forum is more privileged. This makes the FH Forum more special and different, which is kinda cool~ You can lock my topic or even delete it. I had not thought about that. Just I was thinking this forum is like others. But no - this forums have more extras ^^ Which is totally cool and big congratulations to those who maded this forum. Like I said - you can lock or even delete this topic.

Signature art by Kynvuu