Author Topic: Commenting Idea  (Read 2023 times)

Echoing harmony

Commenting Idea
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:13 pm »
Recently, I've seen alot of new players posting on older threads. And when someone posts on a new thread it instantly notifies everyone. And since people tend to ignore the dates on the posts, I was thinking maybe moving the date of the original post near the toolbar. Like this:

Then maybe users can pay attention to the date of the post ^^'

What do you guys think?  :)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Commenting Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:22:08 pm »
I like the idea, though what about Quick Reply?
I tend to use Quick Reply rather than clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe there could be a second location above Quick Reply..?

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 11:23:44 pm »
That would be a pretty good idea, yes. o:
I do agree that people ignore dates on posts a /lot/, which tends to cause some problems with necro-ing threads.

I'd like to see this happen, one day! I really like the idea.

in-game: hooli

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:36 pm »
Methinks this thread belongs in this board here.

Arr, this does seem like it would help some. I'm just not too sure if it is possible to move the date near the toolbar and you never know if some users use the Quick Reply feature such as myself and Finni. Users may still miss the date entirely. It just seems to be an inevitable thing when it comes to necroing, and perhaps all we can do to help is to let them know what's been done and to be more careful next time. Regardless, it is thoughtful of ye to contribute such an idea that may help prevent or at least reduce the chances of this happening. I have no clue how Simple Machines work, however, so it could very well be possible. Red or the others who manage the forums might be able to answer that. If so, it would be nice and perhaps it can help in the way we want it to.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:36:29 pm »
Moving this to the Forum Discussion>>The Inputbox board since this idea has to do with the forum, rather than a game change.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:38:11 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:17:25 am »
It's a good idea no doubt and I like that you take notice and concern about the whole bumping old threads but it's probably still too small of an area to make much difference. Something I always thought would work would be if as a user submitted a comment on an old thread a red message would pop up saying something to the extent of "This thread is out dated blah blah etc". Basically a message would pop up similar to the one you see when you comment on a thread and it warns you that someone just commented on the same thread with a reply.

I'm sure some sort of feature could be implemented to make a thread's age more apparent but with our old version of the FH site it may not be possible yet. It's not to say that something can't be looked into and done though.

Thanks for the input and idea floof
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:20:11 am by LordSuragaha »