Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Some simple ideas  (Read 2317 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Some simple ideas
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:07:26 pm »
Some simple ideas

Since we cannot make so many changes in the game, I thought it might be possible to do some on the website. :) I've got three and even if it's not possible, they sound good.

1. 'Each season' website design.
Seeing the website have the same plain color can be boring and as a bright community we deserve a bit of colors to represent that. Each season we can have different background designs!

2. A delete button.
I have noticed that some users have a hard time deleting comments when they want to. It can be useful if someone has accidentally double posted.

3. Having 2 signatures.
I know this sounds weird but it would be nice if we had another signature that is not visible around the forum, but only when a person views a persons profile. We can type up other things on it like a brief biography or updates about the person itself.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Some simple ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »
These are quite neat ideas and I am sure they may be considered if there was to be an update on the forum. However, we need to consider that there's a lot of work that needs to be done in order to change even the simplest of thing.

I really like all of the ideas, yet the first one I am personally not too sure of.
Having a standard website design makes it more recognizable rather than things changing all the time.
At the same time it's always nice with a bit of change?
RETIRED.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 09:32:44 pm »
I'll move this over to the Input box, since the Game Opinions & Ideas board is generally for game input, rather than forum or site changes. You've got a couple interesting ideas here, and we have been working on updating the site for quite some time, so it's nice to hear your feedback. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:55:21 am »
These are all interesting ideas indeed and we appreciate your interest and feedback in the site :3

1.) Seasonal Website Designs- As Nynx said we have been discussing and considering updating the site for a while now and if we were to embrace any new design ideas it would have to be once the actual site is updated to the newer version. I wouldn't mind seeing a seasonal theme pop up in the design some where. Maybe in the winter there could be subtle snow flakes drifting on the webpage some how... Leaves in the fall hmm. It's an iteresting idea but I guess it all depends on what is possible and what keeps the website still running at optimal quality. We also wouldn't want seasonal themes that are too scandalous that they may disturb the default color theme and scheme of the FH website. A subtle but noticeable design could be interesting and welcoming. Even the banners could serve as seasonal decor. Maybe in the future that will become a thing though :3

2.) A delete button- This one probably wouldn't be added for the same reasons why it hasn't been added all these years. When it comes to bad behavior users could end up abusing the delete button by posting bad things and simply deleting it once the damage is done. On a moderating stand point it's best we don't have a delete button so that folks can take better responsibility for what they post. Users would easily be able to clean up the evidence if they were up to no good. Allowing users to be able to delete their posts could also lead to them making threads confusing by deleting their replies and leaving conversations broken etc. It may sound strange but users will do these things.

3.) Two signatures- As nice as it would be to have more profile settings I doubt that allowing more signatures would be for best. It's hard enough for us to monitor exactly what goes into some users' signatures but imagine if there were more. If users wanted to add biographies they can use the Member Bio section. By posting their bios on threads it encourages discussion and leaves more room for information. I feel like individual profile bios would be more limiting and less visible to the general forum community.

Idk those are just my thoughts at least.

Thank you for your suggestions Rita <3

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:06:50 am »
These are quite neat ideas and I am sure they may be considered if there was to be an update on the forum. However, we need to consider that there's a lot of work that needs to be done in order to change even the simplest of thing.

I really like all of the ideas, yet the first one I am personally not too sure of.
Having a standard website design makes it more recognizable rather than things changing all the time.
At the same time it's always nice with a bit of change?

Yea true, I was not actually confident about the first one too. xD But I thought it would be good to see what you floofies think about it. Thanks for your reply! :3

I'll move this over to the Input box, since the Game Opinions & Ideas board is generally for game input, rather than forum or site changes. You've got a couple interesting ideas here, and we have been working on updating the site for quite some time, so it's nice to hear your feedback. c:

Thanks for moving this! and it'll definitely be great to make some changes if possible. Until then, take your time. <3

These are all interesting ideas indeed and we appreciate your interest and feedback in the site :3

1.) Seasonal Website Designs- As Nynx said we have been discussing and considering updating the site for a while now and if we were to embrace any new design ideas it would have to be once the actual site is updated to the newer version. I wouldn't mind seeing a seasonal theme pop up in the design some where. Maybe in the winter there could be subtle snow flakes drifting on the webpage some how... Leaves in the fall hmm. It's an iteresting idea but I guess it all depends on what is possible and what keeps the website still running at optimal quality. We also wouldn't want seasonal themes that are too scandalous that they may disturb the default color theme and scheme of the FH website. A subtle but noticeable design could be interesting and welcoming. Even the banners could serve as seasonal decor. Maybe in the future that will become a thing though :3

2.) A delete button- This one probably wouldn't be added for the same reasons why it hasn't been added all these years. When it comes to bad behavior users could end up abusing the delete button by posting bad things and simply deleting it once the damage is done. On a moderating stand point it's best we don't have a delete button so that folks can take better responsibility for what they post. Users would easily be able to clean up the evidence if they were up to no good. Allowing users to be able to delete their posts could also lead to them making threads confusing by deleting their replies and leaving conversations broken etc. It may sound strange but users will do these things.

3.) Two signatures- As nice as it would be to have more profile settings I doubt that allowing more signatures would be for best. It's hard enough for us to monitor exactly what goes into some users' signatures but imagine if there were more. If users wanted to add biographies they can use the Member Bio section. By posting their bios on threads it encourages discussion and leaves more room for information. I feel like individual profile bios would be more limiting and less visible to the general forum community.

Idk those are just my thoughts at least.

Thank you for your suggestions Rita <3

I need to thank you too for adding on to what I suggested, because I actually agree with you! :) For the seasonal website design, the banners would be great too. If any of these will happen in the future, take your time as I said to Nynx.

Thank you again! c: