Author Topic: Mobile site?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mobile site?
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:34:23 pm »
So this idea wouldn't apply only to the forums section but to the website as a whole.

What if FH had a mobile website? At least one that's dedicated to the forums. I feel like it would be very convenient to many users.

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile site?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:49:41 pm »
Can't you just type in feral-heart.com on your mobile device and get the site? I have done that plenty of times.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:53:30 pm »
You can yes, Wolfwaffles, but a desktop site on a mobile phone can bring up issues. Some being that you need to zoom in to click nearly anything, typing "Quick Replies" is glitchy at times where the text box won't move with your letters so you can't see what you're writing, and it's also just tedious overall, in my opinion.

I think a mobile site would be easier for mobile phones and devices depending on how it were designed, such as an enlarged menus and simpler navigation ^^

You are amazing <3

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 11:55:59 pm »
Aaah yes, i see. I should've thought of that x3. I'm just too tired today.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 12:11:03 am »
Moving this to The Inputbox.

In-game user: Panzramic

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 12:19:00 am »
This idea is very nice. I like to be on the forums here, but sometimes, when I need to go places, a mobile site would be nice. I mean, my phone loads the forums fine, but as already stated, the zooming in can be a bit tedious. And I also hate the fact that my fat fingers will click the wrong link if I don't zoom in. xD

Preach

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 12:56:14 am »
I don't think a mobile site is needed. Whenever I go onto the sites I don't have any problems with it. I don't think a mobile site is necessary.

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 01:03:01 am »
I originally posted this from my phone. It wasn't that bad at all but like some of you mentioned, the zooming in and the minor glitches are no fun. It's also kind of hard to view other topics and threads as it's a constant process of pinching in and out on the screen and scrolling in all directions. On the other hand, you'd have to only scroll down on a mobile site!

But I hear you, Preach. We're doing fine without a mobile site. Although it would be more convenient to some of us to have a mobile site of some sort as most websites today are responsive in a way or another.

Offline floof

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 01:09:37 am »
Although I don't always use mobile, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea. While like Preach said, even without a mobile site people can still post and such, but I also agree with the others too. It can be quite annoying to have to scroll around the entire page and zoom in so far to just click a link.