Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
A few suggestions
« on: July 30, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »
Hello, floofs, and welcome to my thread!
I was looking around the website and I thought of a few great ideas.

1. Resurrect Old Contests/Competitions

First of all, I know that has been discussed before. I know that most of the staff team is busy with their own projects as well as the numerous current contests and events we have. I know that it takes a lot of work, time, effort and planning. Though, I think it's about time something to be done about it. Just to clarify, I am not saying that these contests should be happening every single season or month. And I know that Raz is so busy with his job and he hasn't had much time to work on some of the site things yet.

So, this is a list of some old competitions:

• Writing Competition
  • Banner Competition
  • Signature Competition
  • Video Competition
  • Media Competition
  • Art Competition
  • Most Creative Username
  • Make A Competition
  • Mapping Contest
I can understand how creating events takes a lot of time and effort to make it as successful as it should be.

2. FH Tumblr Page

It's been bothering me for awhile for some reason. I think that the FH Tumblr Page should be linked next to the Game & Forum Rules, Staff Page, Downloads and Tutorials on the Homepage. I can see that the link to the FH DeviantArt has been removed. It has its own tab, anyway.

3. Ribbon awards

These have been added back in early 2011. Back in the days, I believe the winners of the contests were granted with a colored ribbon of their choice.
I don't really know what happened with the Award System. It would be great to see it implemented once again.

I hope my suggestions will be taken into consideration. c:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:26:49 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:03 pm »
I like these ideas!

I remember there was also a Character Contest that one time---I remember it being a bit hectic, but I had fun participating in that! (Even though my edgy characters with tragic backstories back then weren't even close to winning x'D) I like all the other contests listed as well, it'd be nice to spice things up instead of the usual preset contests--which are fun, but to be honest they get a biiit repetitive.

Just to tack on an idea related to the Tumblr page--I honestly think there should be some more FH social media, if the staff are able to manage them. There was that one Feralheart Facebook page, but I'm fairly certain the staff don't have access? A nice, new, official FH FB page would be nice. Or really anything--Twitter, Youtube, etc. Maybe once registration is open again, this could help bring in more new members.

As for the awards, I believe it's been said that the awards system is glitchy so they've stopped using it, but with the new forum revamp, maybe they're fixed and could come back? Or at least in a different way. I do like the awards idea though!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:14 pm »
Oh yes, I very much like these!
Especially the ribbon awards to give old MOTS or contest winners some appreciation.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
I never knew there were that many competitions holy cow! But I like the idea of maybe bringing a few of them back to use every once in a great while.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 12:11:28 am »
This is a yes from me, dawg. ;)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 12:18:23 am »
These are some great ideas!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 12:25:10 am »
Thank you all for the support! I appreciate it.
Also, I updated the first post with some beautiful ribbons~

Signature art by Kynvuu

Preach

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 09:55:24 am »
I hope the staff considers it because I love theses ideas

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »
These are some really lovely suggestions, and I believe quite a few of these suggestions have been brought up again from time to time.
While I cannot personally say whether or not these ideas could be implemented in the future, I should remind you that the contest/competitions do take quite a bit of time to organize. The seasonal events that we host already keep staff busy, and while I'm sure we would all love to see those wonderful contests come back, I'm not certain if it will be possible to bring each one of them back. While having fewer staff isn't necessarily a huge hindrance, it does require much more work on the few individuals to make things like these contests happen. With the patch having just rolled out, I think most of us are still trying to see how things go, and not to mention that we're still undergoing updates for the website. A lot of these contests were really fun and the users enjoyed them, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a few of these make a comeback.

As for the Tumblr page - it's quite a small thing, but I'm sure we could add it in there at some point. I don't say this to disappoint, but it's not quite on our priority list at the moment, but I don't see why we couldn't throw that up there. I believe once we finish with the more internal parts of the website renovation, we can start editing those small things to make everything look much nicer. Most, if not all, of the website update is being done through our server master, Razmirz's, time and effort. He's very busy, and we're very appreciative of any time he can commit to the game, so patience is what we can do best for Raz right now.

For the ribbons, there was a glitch on the old forum that caused us to not be able to give users these awards. I'm not certain whether or not we can now do so with the new website, but I'm sure we could implement something similar to this at some point.

Thank you for your suggestions! Hopefully this brought a little light to some of these ideas, and we really appreciate your input.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
Aye, I see your point there. And I agree that it will not be possible to bring each one of the old contests.
Thanks for the reply, Nynx! ^^

Signature art by Kynvuu