Author Topic: Not quite sure....  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Kharress

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • The sun'll come out tomorrow ? ?
    • View Profile
    • Here, you can browse my crummy art. x]
Not quite sure....
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:01:16 am »

if it's considered a mesh, but I saw quite a while ago something that I'd love to add to the map I'm currently making. I don't know how exactly to describe it, but it was kind of like a 'border' for your map so it wasn't like you were looking into nothingness for ages. :P I think there was a savannah one, a mountain one... and maybe one with snow? It was kind of like wallpaper I guess? Like a background that went all the way around the map? Sorry for the awful description ::) haha Anyway, if anyone knows where I could find the download for them and can direct me to it, I would be much obliged<3

Thanks a bunch! c:
[[These scars we wear remind us; the more we change, the more we're all the same.]]

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Not quite sure....
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:12 am »
I've explored a map with borders such as those before. Where you can get them from, I have absolutely no clue. There was a post that contained a download of these backdrops but it was sadly removed. I do remember seeing that they were created using the basic shapes your game should come with, though, so I suppose you can always make your own. Find a mesh that has a flat surface such as your BasicCube mesh. You can retexture it with an image of the landscape you want and all you would have to do then would expand however many of those Cube meshes you need to fit the perimeter of your map. Hopefully that will serve as the "background" you are looking for.

I'll keep looking for these in case the download is still floating about. If not, perhaps someone else might know or you will just have to create your own.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:45:34 am by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Kharress

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • The sun'll come out tomorrow ? ?
    • View Profile
    • Here, you can browse my crummy art. x]
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:46:41 am »
Wow, that's actually a really good idea! Thank you very much! I'm going to give it a try I think. Do you happen to know how to make an image into a texture? and what folder it goes into?

Thanks a bunch! c:
[[These scars we wear remind us; the more we change, the more we're all the same.]]

Offline .Sasha.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • in a relationship with 50 non existent characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:18:23 pm »
I have them, but i can't seem to find a working download...i think i found it on deviantArt but i think it was removed, sadly?
In-game; .Sasha.
Yes hello this the dad of FH. Mostly seen at The Grounds.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:59:59 pm »
It was removed, yes.

Do you happen to know how to make an image into a texture? and what folder it goes into?

Arr, here is a helpful tutorial that might answer your questions. [Click me]
If you don't feel like resizing the BasicCube mesh to be as flat as you need, you can always use the Ceiling mesh as your backdrop like Balto has done there. Following her instructions should help you with texturing and making it into a material for your mesh. I wish you luck on your map!

In-game user: Panzramic