Author Topic: Something that is bothering me..  (Read 9577 times)

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Something that is bothering me..
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:25:59 pm »
Just a thought..
I remember, way back in January 2010, I came back to DrA (Dragonadopters) after a long inactive absence. I posted around again, and got to know new members and old. I had a lot of good friends there. Then after a few months, I met this other member on the Dragon Cave thread. She was nice, and fun to talk to. We had many discussions and jokes about dragons, and Dragon Cave. I always looked forward to talking to her again, and cherished all our jokes and conversations. Probably my best internet friend at the time. Then she went inactive for a time. I had PM'd her why. (I won't say because that's her business). When she came back, I was glad to see her again and we talked again. In chats with my other friends, etc. That went on until yesterday. When I received a PM from her. She had written that she was leaving. Leaving DrA and the internet all together. I was shocked, and stunned. And to my surprise, I seriously cried. Because...I couldn't believe it. I had found out why she was, and I feel so bad..but I'll never forget her.
So these past two days have been rough for me, knowing that I'll never have another conversation with her about Night Furies, Dragon Cave, etc. Someone who had the same interests as me. It tore me apart, and I will miss her greatly.

But I had to share this, because I need to get it out of me. And I chose here because I've been here for a while, and I know a lot of you well. And also because you don't know her. I'd rather not reveal who she is.

But yeah, that's been on my mind. And brings up another question. Has anyone else suffered from something like this?

Mods: If this isn't right for here, by all means, feel free to delete it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:33:49 pm by Sylph »

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
Re: Something that is bothering me..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:44:50 pm »
Feel sorry for you. And I have had an experience like this. I made a friend on youtube that I started talking to on youtube. One day they randomly messaged me and said they were moving and they would not be on anymore. (I am guess they went to another country?) anyway, They were one of the only people I ever talked to! (If you wonder why I say they. It is because i did not know their gender.) so now I dont use youtube too much. Only to upload about once a month. :(
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Losing someone that knows you so well, and has your same interests can be as bad as losing a good friend in real life.
*hugs*

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:35 pm »
This has happened to me. D: It's not fun. :c  This happened with me a few of my old friends on Youtube, who I met back in 2007-2008. Some of them I've lost complete contact with.. but the other few.. I was able to get a hang on them and we actually have a private Xat chatroom as of.. yesterday. xD It's always nice to get people back. I guess I was lucky.
But yeah. This has happened to me way more times than one. It even happens irl, I hate it. Dx

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »
Something like this happened to me once. I met a great roleplaying friend on another site, we had quite a few role play's together, most of them just between us. I enjoyed talking to them, and our RP's were awesome. But one day they stopped posting for a long time, and one day one of their friends posted saying they were in hospital (They were sick, which I had known at the time, and it had flared up.) There was one post from them after that, just explaining the situation. Then there was an extremely long wait for another post from them, just to see how the situation was going. Their friend then posted again, explaining that they had passed. That was the first time I had ever cried over the death of a human. My Aunt and cousin had died before her, and I didn't cry at all, but then this person I barely knew from the internet dies and I was shaken... We weren't best of friends or anything, but our Roleplays were some of the best I had ever been in, and talking to them was great and always cheered me up...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

TealSkeletore

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 10:36:06 pm »
It sucks when this happens, it really does. Everyone has to leave eventually. I don't think I ever will, I don' think I ever could! I've made so many amazing friends which mean the world to me, I couldn't just ditch them like that. If I left the internet, I would still have their phone numbers so I could keep in contact with them somehow. It tears me apart to think of ever leaving them and doing that to them. It makes me want to cry.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:08 pm »
Gah...sorry to hear all that guys. But it's nice to know that I'm not one of the few. You know?
But yeah...

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:32:46 am »
I know exactly how you feel, and I can really relate with Kyu as well.

I use to play this other online game, the first online chat game I've ever done actually. It was really fun and all, but the best part about it was the people I've met. There was this one person from a few others that I loved to hang out with, and always looked forward to when they came on. We would chat and hang out, and I was surprised at how much we had in common. I mean, it was like hanging out with another me almost!

It might be weird to have a friend like this only online, and maybe even sad and pathetic, at least to others, but I do have friends in real life but hasn't anyone ever felt like, well, they don't really care as much for you? That their likes and dislikes are completely different from yours and when your going through some hards times they may not show much concern for you when you would for them?
In real life, I had some friends like this but I could never get really close to someone because my family and I always had to move, so I have to leave my friends behind. I would only have a few friends because I'm not a huge crowd person, but when we leave I don't feel to torn apart because we just never seemed that close.

So anyway, where I was going with this was that I actually felt like there was someone who actually cared what was going on with me and if I was upset or anything they did their best to cheer me up, and I did the same for them. It was awesome and I loved every conversation we had, and I would be sad when either of us had to leave.
However, my friend was also sick, and I was being told that they may not be able to come on because their parents didn't want them to be stressed from the internet... If that made any sense. The sickness was serious, but I won't say what it was. So when they stopped coming, I was so upset... I hung out with my other friends from that game but I always missed that person. They didn't show up for months, until one day in the summer, they finally showed up! I was so happy I thought I would burst into tears with happiness! But then, of all the worse luck in the entire world and of all times to happen, my internet crashed! I tried to get back on as quickly as possible, but when I came back on they were gone...
I had never been so sad in my life, and I never saw that person again. I still went on that game, but going on it less and less, hoping to see the person again, but failed each time, until I finally stopped completely recently. It's almost been a year since I last saw them.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

TealSkeletore

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:57:41 am »
Katsa ~ I was listening to a sad song while reading your story DD8

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 01:16:45 am »
Aw, that made me really sad Katsa. :/ Really sorry to hear that. ;_; Poor you.