Author Topic: Holiday Plans?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline i1vet2b

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Invent The Future
    • View Profile
Holiday Plans?
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:11 pm »
Didn't want to offend anyone who didn't celebrate Christmas, so thought I'd say Holiday instead. I don't mind. :)

Anyway, who has fun plans for any school break/holiday they celebrate?!

Personally, I celebrate Christmas with my family, even though I'm not religious. I really love this time of year as it can bring about a lot of kindness in people. I'm pretty excited this year as I get to finally go home after long months away from my family! So how about you guys? What are your traditions? Any new ones planned for this year? What makes it special?

My traditions:
Every year, all of my family get to open just one present on Christmas Eve. It is always the same gift every year, but we love it each time. We always get new pajamas to wear! Who doesn't love soft, warm, new PJs?!
Though my brother and I aren't little kids anymore, we both still get giddy on Christmas and wake up super early to being the festivities! By late morning, we're all exhausted, but we have a huge breakfast together after cleaning up the mess and then collapse in a food coma together.

New traditions:
Within the past few years, we've started going to the movie theater for Christmas. I never realized how popular it was, but it really is enjoyable!
This year, I plan on doing something really creative. I want to take a Bundt cake pan and fill it with gorgeous flowers and then water. I'll freeze it for a day or so and then it will be ready! In the center, I'll place a candle and then put it outside to make a really pretty piece to light our sidewalks along with the decorated house.

Those are just a few from me, but how about you guys?! :D

To serve is to inspire hope. To inspire hope is to lead. How will you serve?

CloudFish

Re: Holiday Plans?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:22 am »
Me. You. Didney Worl. ):

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58:57 am »
I plan on going to Canada to see my father, mostly. D8 No one on his side of the family called him on his birthday [they live in the same county and they never stop by to see him ;_;] this year and I haven't seen him since he went back, so I want to cheer up his holidays by going to see him for a week.

My family is terrible ;_;
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:00:51 am by Shusuke »

Offline i1vet2b

• Experienced Traveler
  • Invent The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:34:09 pm »
@ Cloudly, in your dreams~ <3 I'm sure they are very happy dreams of roller coaster rides and...whatever else is at Disney World. Don't even have a clue what's there. xD

@Shusuke, I hope you and your father have a great time! I'm sorry your family doesn't embrace him. I'm sure it gets really lonely for him. Do you two have any special plans? :)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:53 pm »
Not really. He's going through some trouble right now so I'm just going to spend time with him over the holiday. There's not much to do in Windsor, Ontario when you really think of it.

Offline i1vet2b

• Experienced Traveler
  • Invent The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »
@Shusuke, well, I hope you two manage to enjoy your time together! <3