Author Topic: Cartoon Network WAS awesome!  (Read 15004 times)

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: Cartoon Network WAS awesome!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 02:37:58 pm »
I loved the old Teen Titans. I give them credit on the new Teen Titans Go because the humor got me. But I'm not a complete fan of it. The old series was great. I'm extremely thankful they have the same voice actors or else I would have been done completely.
There was also Xiaolin Showdown. That was a great one too. Specially with Jack Spicer lol
And I love Samurai Jack too <3
-tries to think of more shows-

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 03:17:21 pm »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 01:28:40 am »
I liked Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Dextrer's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly dog, and a bit of Billy and Mandy. I also liked it when they broadcasted Toonami. I remember I would come home from school and turn on the TV to see some good animes Toonami had to offer.
I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore, because I don't like the shows they broadcast today.  :( They are just too... what's the word I'm looking for? RANDOM! Nothing wrong with being random, but I like a show that actually has a plot and a moral at the end of each episode. MLP has alot of that, and that's why I like it.

If I was an adult back then with kids I wouldn't have let my children watch it. They could have gotten nightmares. I still view it as an important part of my life though since my parents where never home. The show kinda gives you a lonely feeling when you watch it ... like your the only person who is in-fact real.

I know someone who is afraid to watch some episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog. She especially hates the episode "King Ramses Curse". I even told her "Funny thing is, he really exists. His mummified body is on desplay in a museum somewhere out in the world."  :D and she was all like O_O
It's true. See?

Here's the Courage the Cowardly Dog Ramses mummy  :o

Here's the real Ramses mummy...

and this is him when he was the Pharaoh of Egypt who liked pointing fingers at people.  :P

Getting back on subject now...I do agree that some of the content in that show was a bit too scary for younger kids. But I enjoyed watching it. I was telling some of my friends the other day that some of those episodes were based off scary movies. I guess the creators of Courage the Cowardly Dog liked to make little episodes that were spoofs of some classic horror movies. So far I've seen these horror movies "featured" in the show...

...kinda sorta

I know this giant starfish monster was based off some cheesy science fiction movie. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember the title.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:13:24 am by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:30 am »
When I was in 1st grade waiting to go to the book fair Courage the cowardly dog was on and I watched it the show amused me so much in a strange...creepy kind of way. I have to agree that CN was awesome but know every thing seems inappropriate like Adventure time I mean come on Jake got lady rainacorn pregnant!!! And the hug wolf episode wasn't very kid friendly. But some of my favorite shows that are old and a couple of one's from 2010 and lower. Are Generator Rex don't judge me it's cool. Courage the cowardly dog I don't care if it's creepy! Johnny Bravo. Ben 10 but the first one the others can kiss my butt thy suck! Power puff girls.

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 04:02:01 am »
I have to agree that CN was awesome but know every thing seems inappropriate like Adventure time I mean come on Jake got lady rainacorn pregnant!!! And the hug wolf episode wasn't very kid friendly.

O___O..... Whaaaaat???
Seriously? I have seen only a few little episodes of Adventure Time. And some of those episodes have some subliminal messages hidden within them. They aren't the kid friendly kind of subliminal messages either. I would say what they were trying to imply, but it's not appropriate for this forum.
Seems like the only kid friendly shows today are the ones being broadcasted on the HUB channel, and Disney channel. Even though I liked what the Disney channel used to be over 15 years ago, it has more appropriate shows than what's going on on Cartoon Network. I wonder who is repsonsible for allowing such shows on the CN channel? What kind of management are they running? o__O
Inactive

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 04:35:05 am »
Adventure time isnt that inappropriate. Sure, lady rainacorn got pregnant, but its not like they explained how or why or anything. Pregnancy isnt some lewd thing, I am sure many children's mothers have been pregnant while they are little as well.

What is wrong with some subtle adult humor? PLENTY of old shows had that. Including a lot of shows you guys keep praising. I think it is hilarious that you guys think Adventure time isnt kid friendly when you love things like Courage and Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Both of which are very dark shows.

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 08:06:24 pm »
WHY is my comment about adventure time getting so much attention it was my friggon opinion SHEESH!!!

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »
Don't let it get to you Matryoshka. She does have a point though, opinion.
And besides that, we should  be discussing CN. -let's not forget Nick also had some weird shows I.e Invader Zim-
Anyways, I think it's just that everyone's all for humor now. Hey, for all we know they think we're dumb? There's no extreme plots for some things. There's adult humor and subliminal things but really, like are we not capable of thinking? For certain shows you did think. And now I feel like it's gotta be obvious with certain parts and there HAS to be humor. Like, we can't really have a dark show.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »
What is wrong with some subtle adult humor? PLENTY of old shows had that. Including a lot of shows you guys keep praising. I think it is hilarious that you guys think Adventure time isnt kid friendly when you love things like Courage and Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Both of which are very dark shows.

Did I say that I thought Courage the Cowardly Dog was more kid friendly? NO! I just said that I agreed to what some others said about it (that alot of the content is too scary for young kids). I just said that I enjoyed watching it when it was still on the air.
You do seem to have a good point here, actually. I guess when someone is really really young, they probably don't catch the adult humor, unless someone tried explaining it to them.

WHY is my comment about adventure time getting so much attention it was my friggon opinion SHEESH!!!

Don't sweat it, Matryoshka. It's just her own opinion.
Besides, her opinion has me thinking about something.... she is right, in a way. I look at some of the old cartoon shows from the 90s all the way back to the 60s and so on. Some of those cartoons did have some adult humor in them, but when I was a little kid, I didn't understand the humor. Back then when I young and watching many of the old shows, I didn't catch any subliminal messages that were hidden in the jokes. Now that I'm older, I catch them and know what they are trying to imply. I don't think kids of a certain age would get those kind of jokes, unless someone told them what it meant. I guess when you're older and more experienced with humor, you can catch those kind of things. With a five year old, all they are thinking is "Oooh cartoons!"
Inactive

onowl

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 12:02:25 am »
.. I love Adventure Time. XD; The old Cartoon Network shows were good too. c: