Author Topic: WWI 100 years anniversary is coming this summer!  (Read 779 times)

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
WWI 100 years anniversary is coming this summer!
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:13:14 am »
Most of you should have noticed that this summer will be a special and sad summer in the history of our nations.
In June 28th of 2014 (11:25 AM) it will be 100 full years from the world war 1.
It had been said that when the war started, all of the bells of the UK would ring, and then stay silent till the end of the war.
We will do the same in our part of the country (where I live) and ring them one by one from the north to the south at midnight.

The official start of WWI was June 28, 1914 when the Archduke and heir to the Austria Hungary throne, Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sofia, were assassinated. More than 9 million combatants were killed; a casualty rate exacerbated by the belligerents' technological and industrial sophistication, and tactical stalemate. It was one of the deadliest battles (or should I say conflicts) in history, making the way for major political changes, including revolutions in many of the nations involved.

At the time horses where used to charge into battles, but the enemy had weapons that no one else had. Guns and ammunition where used to fire at horse legs to trip them over and kill the riders before they even came close to harm the enemy.
Any metal must have been rusty and old because the sun would reflect causing the enemy to spot their attackers in the distance.

Many 18-19 year old boys where given  a gun or sword and told to kill anyone that ran towards them, being friendly fire or not.
Many, many troops had died on the battle field and this summer is the time to remember them, I hope you all respect them as much as I do and that they died for  us all be free.
and play games like fh

Just a little thingy.
In my school boys dress up as lads from the army and girls as maids and women that cared for the house.
We also need to sing this to praise the soldiers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsynSgeo_Uo

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/