Author Topic: California Chrome  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Liepi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
California Chrome
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:00:55 pm »
I hope you all know who he is by now. Today was the day people had hoped would make history with California Chrome becoming the triple crown winner in over thirty years. But sadly it didn't happen. He came in fifth. What are ya'lls thoughts on this event?

P.S. If this is way off topic, please lock.

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
Re: California Chrome
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:10:08 pm »
AHHHHHHHHHHHRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! I watched it, too! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! At one point I sort of felt like crying. He could have made history! It's NOT fair! And the Horse that won didnt even go in the second race! No fair to Chrome!

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 02:44:14 am »
Aye, I've been following Chrome's career for a while now.
I was quite disapointed with the outcome of the Belmont, but i cant say I was surprised. While I absolutely pulling for Chrome to become the first T.C. winner since Affirmed, too, you've got to keep in mind that the Belmont was proven to be the most difficult race to run of the three legs. It takes a very special horse to be able to win all three, and i think Chrome could have done it, but it seemed he had a bad run today. The winner had a much longer time to rest than Chrome, not having participated in the Preakness, so it seems in the end a well rested horse ran better.
Though Chromie fought a good fight and proved he has more drive and talent than the rest, seems it just wasn't his day- but that doesn't discount the fact that he is pure talent and in my opinion the most special, best horse of the Triple Crown field.
You had a great run, Chrome. <3
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 03:22:17 am »
actually! he was, for one, unfairly raced against horses who hadn't raced in 6 weeks and had time to rest. second, he was kicked in the beginning of the race!! his foot was bleeding the entire time. you have to give him credit, i mean did you see how well he was even though most of the things around him were working against him?

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline hyperdane

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 05:13:15 am »
Wasn't the horse's fault ;(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:13:23 am by hyperdane »

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 11:13:31 am »
The thing is that Chrome wasn't a runner, he was a sprinter. How did Secetariet do it? When he died, the people saw that his heart was way bigger than the average.

signature by g0thic_vibes1