Riverwind
Fizban
Elistan
Laurana
Gilthanas
Kitiara Uth Matar
Pyrite
Crysania

Author Topic: Dragonlance Lovers!  (Read 22065 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonlance Lovers!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:41 pm »
I know right? Dragonlance is a million, billion times better than Twighlight. There was no creativity in Twilight, it was like any other book except they made the vampires "sparkle". I mean, what the heck? Its a cliche story about love and struggling with it, yadda yadda yadda. I mean how many people would actually fall in love with one girl and the girl is having trouble deciding which one she loves more? This happens in nearly any type of story and/or movie.

Dragonlance was so much more unique, the characters had fun and amazing personalities, and you hardly ever reached a boring or slow part in any of the books x3
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • Brethren before Wenches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:23 pm »
Exactly! What annoys the puss out of me as well, is the fact that some wackjob can just write down anything and it's a HIT. Although my novel series could never compare to the awesomness that is Dragonlance, it sure is better than Twilight and I spent a very long time developing it... Blah.

That's really rare in long series when there're hardly any slow parts (i agree completely) and the books are just so interesting! The characters seem real, you can imagine all the environments! You really get to care about the characters. |I cried my heart out when Flint died! And how Tas would say something like, "See that red star up there? That's my friend Flint Fireforge. He's up there waiting for me, sitting under that big tree of his and playing with his rocks."| (Scroll over black space to view Spring Dawning spoiler for new readers)

Don't kick me when I'm down. Because when I get up, you're screwed.

The name's Vant, don't wear it out hunny |3

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
I know! D8 I think the Dragonlance series became the first where I actually cried and cared for the characters so much! [ When Flint died it was so sudden, and it was so well written you could see it happening as if it was happening before your very eyes! The power that was written when Tanis became so angry because he thought the "Green Gemstone Man", as he was nicknamed, was the one who killed him, I could picture the anger on his face and how he was feeling. And then afterward when Fizban was taking Flint away... Urgh! D8
And then when Sturm died! He was one of my absolute favorite! I couldn't believe they had him die, and I think he was the first out of the group to go! It was so sad, and what really made me lose it was the speech Laurana gave at his funeral. It came from the heart and she spoke the truth, she changed how the knights viewed things and made them see the light. At the end of the book there was a note about his death, the authors of the books put in the letters they recieved from upset fans who read the death of Sturm. It was explained that his death was planned from the beginning, and they had to go through with it otherwise the story would be a little messed up and not as good in the future.
] (Highlight over the black space, a spolior for those who haven't read the Chronicle Series.)

((Off Topic, but *gasp!* I've been bitten! D:))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:23:46 pm by ~Katsa~ »
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 11:23:58 pm »
Yes, indeed very powerful... the sheer emotion that pours from the words...I don't think I've ever truly cried at a book until Dragonlance came along.

Lawl why do authors have to kill the best characters?! XD

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:54 pm »
I know right? xD
I guess thats one of the reasons why its such an excellent book though. In a way, its a little unpredictable, instead with most stories you never see the important characters gone, they're just always there and the good guys always win.

With Dragonlance, it sort of goes either way. There are betrayels, deaths, losses, sacrafices and situations where it seems pointless to go on. But the heroes pull through, going through the challenges and in the end, everything turns out alright.
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:35 pm »
Yeah, it's also a quick reminder just how... mortal the characters are. They can die just as easily as you or me, and sometimes the readers forget that... Even the writer sometimes. (personal experience) When... When Kit did that to Sturm, I was more in shock than sad. It made me treasure everyone else even more, and they felt like my best friends.

Ack, I'm suck a dork. XD

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:08 pm »
That makes two of us xD

Yeah, I understand that completely, also from personal experience. Writers sometimes become to attached with their characters they don't want to let any of them go, which the story can still be good, but then there isn't as much excitement or anticipation because the readers would know that the characters will never go. With the Dragonlance series, you just don't know, anything could happen.
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:36 pm »
It keeps you coming back for more! It's such a unique story I can't stress it enough. It's like, I can't say anything that reminds me of Dragonlance! I mean, I've read many stories in which main characters die, but like you said; sometimes the author never wants to let them go. Some series I see the characters have many close calls very often and it just gets old.. A series like that is Inheritance, where Eragon seems to survive everything, but eh. It's no big deal; this is a threat for Dragonlance and we shall only describe it's Godliness XD

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:51 pm »
Yep, the stories especially where a main character is close to death in the end or somewhere in the story, like lets say taking a sword wound, and everyone gathers around all sad and they think he/she is dead, but then it turns out they're not and alive and everyone is happy... I mean, at times its a good scene but it really does get old.

Dragonlance is one of a kind x3
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:48 pm »
Yeah. Close calls do keep suspense but they're like spices; just enough and t he story is amazing but too much and it'll ruin the dish.

Really! I hope one day it will be revered and get the fame it deserves.. No series has captivated me so much! The authors have gifts; perhaps Weiss and Hickman really are Paladine and Takhisis? XD They're like Gods! *shotandbricked*